[Open] TS-669 p Antivirus Failed to update virus definitions. Please try again later or update the definitions manually.

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
MatthewFIU
Starting out

Re: [Open] TS-669 p Antivirus Failed to update virus definitions. Please try again later or update the definitions manua

Post by MatthewFIU » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Is the following essentially the method you're using? If so, I'll give it a shot on mine with a few different external drives:
viewtopic.php?t=149957#p723468

DDGNY
Starting out

Re: [Open] TS-669 p Antivirus Failed to update virus definitions. Please try again later or update the definitions manua

Post by DDGNY » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:01 pm

daNutz wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:03 pm
Hi,

Ive had this in the past and manually downloading the latest .cvd from https://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd, importing and then running

Code: Select all

freshclam -u admin -v
in the console and brought everything up to date.
Hi,
For some time now I've been getting errors about virus def's not being able to update on a TS-251+. Hoped it would get fixed in 5.0, but apparently it's not. I can download the daily.cvd, but when I try to do the import a popup appears that says "Incorrect File Format". And when I run freshclam in a console I get:

Code: Select all

freshclam: error while loading shared libraries: libclamav.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Appreciate any suggestions.
TS-251+: 8GB, 2x6TB WD Red RAID1, Pawtec USB DVD-RW
TR-004: 4x4TB WD Red RAID5
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 750

witty
Starting out

Post by witty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 am

MoRiSoVa wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:46 pm
The script is now available on github.
If you find any bugs, please let me know.

https://github.com/MoRiSoVaXZ/CVD_Update
should this in genreral work on a TS-412?
I could not even find opkg - what does this mean?

thanks

MatthewFIU
Starting out

Post by MatthewFIU » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 pm

witty wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 am
I could not even find opkg - what does this mean?
You need to install Entware, then you can run the opkg command: https://github.com/Entware/Entware/wiki ... n-QNAP-NAS

MatthewFIU
Starting out

Post by MatthewFIU » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:22 pm

I've sought to duplicate @MoRiSoVa's work on a TS-220 using the stock virus scanner and a custom page file created on a slow SSD connected with a USB 3.0 enclosure.

I pointed the scan at a large folder of FLAC files, and it *is* working, rather than stopping prematurely, but it's been going for about 24 hours now, and is only 47% complete!

I checked the page file usage, and it's at about 1GB right now.

I also did some file transfer tests, and noticed with dd (from coreutils-dd) that file transfer speeds with block sizes larger than about 300MB drop off precipitously. I guess this would be expected, as it fills up the QNAP's low amount of RAM during the file transfer, and then starts filing the page file.

I'll have to do some further page file tests with the same SSD connected using an eSATA enclosure, but I would expect similar results. I'll also see if I can connect a faster SSD. The internal drives are RAID 1 HDDs and encrypted, which could also be contributing to the glacially slow scan rate.

Return to “NAS Management”