NAS server not accessible

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
dan.usai
New here

NAS server not accessible

Post by dan.usai »

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday, I have a problem accessing to the NAS. The model is QNAP TS-883XU. I can usually access to this server through LAN network or via VPN. Unfortunately since yesterday I am not able to access the drives or via QTS.

Even trying an SSH (with putty) does not go well, in fact it gives this error "remote side unexpectedly closed network connection" after some minutes of waiting.

I don't know if that's useful, but if I look at all the IP available in the network via CMD, I can actually find it listed. Also, the front lights on the actual device looks okay: green status light and orange flashing connection light.

Since I have no other way to access to the server, I was thinking about resetting it (three second reset). Do you think it might solve the problem ? Will the users and groups setting be affected by it?

Thanks in advance
dolbyman
Guru

Re: NAS server not accessible

Post by dolbyman »

Tons of threads about unseponsive qnaps..QNAP even put a red ribbon on top of their homepage ...just kill the power and reboot..no need to reset any config via the switch in the back
dan.usai
New here

Post by dan.usai »

Hi dolbyman, thanks for the answer. I have also thought about doing a power off. Would it be damage also the data? (I am not afraid in overall waring of the drives, but it's quite important not losing any data)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

it could..that's why you need full backups at all times..if you are afraid of your data, your backups are either not current or non existant

Return to “NAS Management”