Q'center Patch Update Fail

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
MikeO3
Starting out

Q'center Patch Update Fail

Post by MikeO3 »

I have tried several times to update qcenter OS patch and it keeps failing with no meaningful error information. Can’t find others with issues and the FAQ - KB’s are rather poor in this area. As indicated in the release notes, trying to install the OS patch 1st then the qcenter application patch.

Problem is it never finishes...
Windows Vivaldi browser uploads 100% in >30 minutes and fails with "Unable to install patch. For details, see the logs."
Edge chromium uploads patch in <1sec but stuck on processing with no progress status and never finishes.
Kubuntu Firefox runs for 5 minutes with progress bar to 100% then reports "Unable to install patch. For details, see the logs."

Qcenter log shows:
[Patch] The content of the patch is incorrect.

What does this mean? You kinda figure there would be a checksum or file intake validation before it starts its upload(?).
Is there a system or qcenter app log which can be viewed through the console?
Can these updates be performed from the cli? I hate GUI’s that I can’t see what’s going on and no ability to trace.

SOHO setup with 3 TS-4 series devices, 2.5GB and 1GB networks, QTS5, qcenter VM is on vmware wks 16, OVF imported defaults bumped to 2GB ram. Everything works.
Downloaded versions:
QcenterServerVM_1.12.2016_OVF.zip
QcenterServerVMOSpatch_1.2.1.gz
QcenterServerVMAppPatch_1.12.2016.gz

Seems no one else is having issues patching so any guidance where to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
jpsmeele
Starting out

Re: Q'center Patch Update Fail

Post by jpsmeele »

We had also this problem that an upgrade didn't work.
The reason for us was a password with characters which gave issues for this.

Try with an " easy" password and after the upgrade change it back to complex

Good luck
MikeO3
Starting out

Post by MikeO3 »

Thanks but this did not work with either FF on Linux or Edge on Windows.

I have logged a support ticket.
MikeO3
Starting out

Post by MikeO3 »

FWIW
Never received any support feedback on this ticket after a couple of follow-ups.
Version 1.12.3003 is now available. It took hours to patch then was stuck on updating screen so left overnight and took a chance in the morning to do refresh on the browser. Help>About says it was updated.

Return to “NAS Management”