TS-431 ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
dchincom
New here

TS-431 ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Post by dchincom »

I have an old TS-431, and I cannot get access the system. I can see the NAS in the QFinder, but logging in, which brings up a web browser errors with a failed secure connection, ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. I've tried gaining access with Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Firefox with no success. According to what I see in QFinder, I'm already running the latest firmware, 4.2.3.20170121.
Is this unit too old to use anymore?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-431 ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Post by dolbyman »

Try a firmware update via qfinder first
dchincom
New here

Post by dchincom »

I was able to get back into the system by configuring Firefox to allow TLS 1.0. I then disabled SSL requirements for the system and then I was able to access the software. I was able to update to the latest firmware, but I had to manually find it on the QNAP, since the TS-431 software said I had the latest firmware (which was wrong). I've yet to try and enable SSL again. But hopefully it works now.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

So a manual FW update via qfinder didn't work or wasn't tried?
dchincom
New here

Post by dchincom »

I was able to somehow get to this page: https://www.qnap.com/en/download?model= ... y=firmware
where I downloaded the 4.3.5.2050 build 202200526 operating system.
I was able to use the qFinder tool to update the firmware with this OS.
But before even doing that, I was able to finally get into the TS-431's software by using Firefox and going into the about:config. In there, I searched for TLS, and changed the security.tls.version.min from 3 to 1, and I was able to finally get past the SSL error (of course Firefox complained bitterly about security).
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I understand, but if you had updated to a new FW first (via qfinder) none of the other stuff would have been needed
dchincom
New here

Post by dchincom »

Yes, you're probably right, but I didn't think there was an update, since the qFinder told me I had the latest, so I didn't think to look around for a new one.

Return to “NAS Management”