Port Trunking Issue

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
rsaanon
First post

Port Trunking Issue

Post by rsaanon »

Hello,

I have a TS-453-Pro which has 4 ethernet ports. I have a cisco switch w/ 4 ports configured for LACP.

Problem: Unable to use ALL 4 ports for ONE Trunking Group (802.3ad)

As long I have ONLY TWO ports (1+2 OR 3+4) membership in the trunking group (802.3ad), everything works fine; however, if I add ALL four ports to a Trunking Group.. the following strange behavior is exhibited:
SCENARIO: 4 Ports Configured for Port Trunking (802.3ad)
- The Cisco switch correctly shows all 4 configured ports aggregated & active in a LAG group
- Remote machine is able to ping the IP address of the QNAP host; however, I am unable to
access the web admin page
- Scanning ports on the QNAP host shows all the expected ports to be open (eg: 80, 443, 22, etc.)
- I am unable to ssh in to the qnap server
- Even when I am connected to the QTS via the local HDMI, I am unable to access the web admin page using the ip address of the qnap server (I'm guessing for the local administration via QTS, the system uses the loopback address).

I have to connect the QNAP via HDMI cable to access the web admin to reconfigure the networking.

Since it's not just the web access but also the SSH and other services on the QNAP host that goes down when I enable all four ports, I don't think it's the web server issue. What's interesting is that ping responds back and I am able to scan all ports on QNAP eventhough the server is not http accessible....

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated..
Don
Guru

Re: Port Trunking Issue

Post by Don »

You didn't say firmware version (& build) you are running or what else you have enabled/running?

Why do you want to trunk the ports? Do you have a lot of users accessing the NAS at the same time? Have you maxed out a 1gb connection?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
korzus
Starting out

Post by korzus »

maybe the jumbo frame feature?

i had a similar problem.
versarius
First post

Post by versarius »

korzus wrote:maybe the jumbo frame feature?

i had a similar problem.
I've the same problem and disable jumbo frame also

Return to “NAS Management”