QNAP "The Server is busy or the network is disconnected"

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
P3R
Guru

Re: QNAP "The Server is busy or the network is disconnected"

Post by P3R »

zipler wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:56 pm So, where do we go with issues like this?
Well if nobody here is able to help (which is impossible with only a screenshot of a generic error message) then not many other options than to contact Qnap support exist.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
StardustOne
Know my way around

Post by StardustOne »

I have the same issue on my Qnap TS-431+, for no reason at all, after everything was fine for a few days.

I also do not see any status information in the monitor, the Control panel does not show me any icons and when I open Filestation 5 or AppCenter, nothig is shown. The NAS seems to have put itself out of order.

This is of course not good, because I use this NAS to run it as a source to rtrr to 3 other QNAP ones and it is also the source for the rsync to a Synology NAS that is in the same home network.

I never had this issue with previous firmware, since I have .5.4.1741 installed, could this maybe be a bug that came with this new firmware? Although, I checked on my other TS-431+ and also on my TS-231P2, they do not have these issues (yet).

I know that the NAS before I had this problem was running the ClamAV Antivirus, it could therefore also be caused by the task running in the background?
vipercum
First post

Post by vipercum »

I have the same issue on my Qnap TS-453Be. It has just started afrer firmware updated to 4.5.4.1741. Sometimes its disconnects after an hour or next day. I can not guess when will it be lost connection.
After its disconnects, green light at back on ethernet port entrance, disapears and never come backs. There is no data loss on server. I reloaded firmware but it did not changed. It's really annoying.
DanPK
New here

Post by DanPK »

I am having exactly the same problem on a TS-453 Pro Firmware version 4.5.4.1741

It seems to be related to the last firmware update and is specific to some windows/apps you run. If you try to open the "app center" it will take forever and then spit out the same "server busy or disconnected" error.

But it's not disconnected, I can close the app center window and access other apps/windows just fine so obviously it's still connected and when I check resources there's virtually nothing running 5% CPU and 19% RAM (8GB), so it's not "busy" either.

This is a firmware/app problem and it's super annoying. You can fix it by rebooting which takes a STUPID long time, but after a reboot it works normally.... for a while.

I think QNAP needs to acknowledge this and issue a firmware update that fixes it. It's definitely NOT hardware related. There are so many times I'd rather not update when things are working just fine. After the last firmware update on my TS-251 at home it now refuses to sleep, but that worked perfectly prior to the last FW update. No changes except for FW.
DanPK
New here

Post by DanPK »

I downgraded the firmware to 4.5.4.1723 today.

I'll see if it goes back to working normally. Then I'll wait for an update skipping 4.5.4.1741

Hopefully they fix this most aggravating problem.
hm.qn
New here

Post by hm.qn »

Thank you for the tip on firmware downgrade, I'll test it. Has anyone tried if 5.0.0.1716 build 20210701 public beta fixes this issue or is it better to stick to 4.5.4.1723 build 20210708 for now?

QNAP should really test their firmwares better, so far upgrades only cause problems - remove features and add bugs. Not happy with that. My production setup was down several times during last two weeks. I don't need a 100% availability from TS-453D but having it disconnected once every 2 days is rubbish, users are rightfully questioning my hardware purchase decisions. To add insult to injury, every restart means driving to the office.

@DanPK, the network is definitely disconnecting. Web interface appears to work but that's only JS code in browser at work. Surprisingly, a direct SSH was working for a few seconds after I got the network disconnected message but it then locked up as well. The diodes indicating network traffic on the ethernet ports and the front panel are flashing happily, so looks like hardware is still trying to do something.
hm.qn
New here

Post by hm.qn »

hm.qn wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:14 pm Thank you for the tip on firmware downgrade, I'll test it.
After about a week with 4.5.4.1723 the NAS became inaccessible. I haven't checked if that was only the network or some other issue. The diodes on the front panel indicated normal activity. That is unfortunate as I will have to scrap QNAP hardware and move to something else.
DanPK
New here

Post by DanPK »

After doing the downgrade to .1732 the TS-451 has been working properly.

But just tonight I was performing a routine sync type backup to a USB device, first one went fine, 2nd one now it's back to the stupid "server is busy yada yada running like it's stuck in mud.

I suspect another reboot will fix it for a while...., how long? Dunno.

I'm starting to loose my fondness for QNAP quickly with this problem as it's extremely frustrating and I never had it before recent upgrades.

I was forced to upgrade one of the apps, forget which one, but no choice. I don't know if that has affected things or not, who can tell?

But I am at the stage of starting to consider other options for a file server, or maybe just running this hardware on a standard Linux flavor.

It's definitely a software/firmware issue as I still have a net connection to it, it just runs slow as molasses. I wish I knew what triggered it as it's all about the UI in the browser. I still have normal speed file access to the unit so it's definitely NOT a net connection or hardware related.
qunap6
Starting out

Post by qunap6 »

Same problem here, now. Please help me to solve :(
drakoshaboy01
New here

Post by drakoshaboy01 »

I am having exactly the same problem on a TVS-472XT
Firmware now - 4.5.4.1931
Downgraded from 5.0.0.1932 build 20220129
Firmware downgrade did not fix issues.

HELP PLEASE!?

Update.
After going back-and-forth with QNAP support with re-installing Qlink, unregistering QNAP and registering it back and upgrading firmware to the latest revision nothing was helping.
The last advise was to check ports. Well, all was green except the web access.
Anyway, after enabling this QNAP as DMZ Host on the router (I know it is not good) I was able to get my QNAP running without disconnecting issues.
I will work on the forwarding ports later and update.
I hope it might help someone who was struggling as me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cruji
First post

Post by cruji »

Hi, any news about this problem? I have a TS-1673u with this problem.... :|
msmith9xr4
New here

Post by msmith9xr4 »

same here... stupid interface messages and gui not responsing on anything important. trying downgrade. firmware 5 seems to be a catastrophe, it killed NFS on another unit and now I'm starting to think QNAP has become junk and needs to be treated as a fragile, "update=potential disaster" type of unit.
tpmm56
Starting out

Post by tpmm56 »

Same here - been like it for months and months.
TS-453A RAM: 4G -- FW: QTS 5.0.0.2255 Build 20220531
3 x 6TB WD Red WD60EFRX 3.5" NAS 24x7 HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache, NCQ, OEM with NASware 3.0 in RAID 5 configuration
1 x 6TB WD Red WD60EFRX
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

This thread is a dogs dinner of web GUI, QLink,etc issues.

A "Me too" does not help or advance anything in this thread.

I think it's time to send this to pasture

Return to “NAS Management”