How to customize the system messages generated while uploading file

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
securityunit
New here

How to customize the system messages generated while uploading file

Post by securityunit »

Hi everyone..
I am in the process of installing a new NAS QNAP TS-251A.
While uploading file, the system is generating a message asking for desired action for the uploading file if the files already in the folder have same name. However, i dont have any files uploaded in the folder. The system seem to be generating the message for every upload regardless of whether there is already file of the same name or not.
I want the message to be generated only if there is similar file name already in the folder.

Is there any way to customize the system message?
P3R
Guru

Re: How to customize the system messages generated while uploading file

Post by P3R »

Uploading how?
Where and how is the message shown?
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
securityunit
New here

Post by securityunit »

This message as belows is shown before every file upload even when i have no file with the same name in the folder.

? system message
For files with the same name, how do you want to handle them?

(.) skip the files
(.) overwrite the files
(.) Rename if a file exists with the same name

Please suggest how to make it intelligent enough to give the message only if a file of same name already exists in the folder.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

securityunit wrote:This message as belows is shown before every file upload...
Uploading from what kind of device using what kind of app/tool/service?
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “NAS Management”