Can't login via web browser - login via app works

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
Bjarne1966
New here

Can't login via web browser - login via app works

Post by Bjarne1966 »

Hi

I'm a newbee, so I'm sorry if it is not ok to create a new topic on this issue. I have read a lot of topics re login problems, but no one with exact same problem.

I have recently upgraded the firmware on my TS-451+ (version 4.3.4.0597 20180528) using my Qmanager app on my phone. I can access the files from Windows Explorer, and I can still access the NAS using the different apps Qfile, Qmanager etc.

BUT I can no longer access the web interface using my normal ip address or using myQNAPcloud. I can see the NAS, and I can see the login page, enter the user and password information, but then the logon process just hangs (saying "logging in...", or having the wait circle going on and on). I can go on for hours, nothing happens.

I have earlier been able to login via web with no problems - so maybe its related to the firmware upgrade, or an earlier upgrade, since it has been months since my last login attempt via web.

I'm not using secure login, only http.

Any ideas of the reason for this - and what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Bjarne
oyvindo
Experience counts

Re: Can't login via web browser - login via app works

Post by oyvindo »

Try clearing your web browser cache, then reboot both your NAS and your client PC (which I assume is a Windows 10 computer?).
Post here the exact URL you use when you try to access your NAS Web interface.
ImageImageImage
Bjarne1966
New here

Post by Bjarne1966 »

Hi Oyvindo

I have already tryed to reboot, clear cache, restart etc. (you are right about win10) - and on more pc's.

The URL's are also different. On my local network, I use the local servername "dbserver/" and the ip address on the local network. I also have tried access via myqnapcloud.com.

I do in all cases connect to the web interface - but after entering password and login, it "hangs" and nothing more happens.

Best regards,
Bjarne
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Hei Bjarne,

Du høres norsk ut?
I think your only choice then is to open a ticket with QNAP.

Øyvind
ImageImageImage
Bjarne1966
New here

Post by Bjarne1966 »

Hej Øyvind

Nej, jeg er ikke norsk, men tæt på: Dansk :D

I'll try to open a ticket with Qnap.

Thanks
Bjarne
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Try this
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Kn ... d-firmware

Replace "config_util 1" and "storage_boot_init 1" with "storage_util --sys_startup"
Bjarne1966
New here

Post by Bjarne1966 »

Hi Storageman

Thanks for your advice. That sounds as a big operation, so I'll try that when I find the time for it. I hope it works :DD

However, do you think my firmware is corrupt? I CAN log in using apps (Android) - and I'm also able to access the files (and log in) via Windows 10. It's only the web based interfaces that I can't log in to (incl. Qfinder Pro).

Best regards,
Bjarne
Bjarne1966
New here

Post by Bjarne1966 »

Hi All

My problem is solved! :D

I used a solution for another login problem where the user had gone a little bit further in the login process than I did. But the solution from that topic worked for me as well. Link:viewtopic.php?f=345&t=141322&start=15#p673874

Thanks for your advice.
Bjarne
gktechnology
New here

Post by gktechnology »

I had the same problem and it was my internet security software, BitDefender causing the issue. It was blocking the login because it was preventing the password being sent in plain txt to the qnap and logged the following error;

Privacy threat blocked
Feature:Online Threat Prevention
An attempt to send your password unencrypted was about to occur on x.x.x.x:8080. We blocked the connection to stop your private data from being exposed and tampered with.

I added the site as an exclusion and all works fine now.
DevilDog89
First post

Post by DevilDog89 »

gktechnology wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:42 pm I had the same problem and it was my internet security software, BitDefender causing the issue. It was blocking the login because it was preventing the password being sent in plain txt to the qnap and logged the following error;

I added the site as an exclusion and all works fine now.
gktechnology - Thanks! That was exactly my problem. When I saw BitDefender in your post I knew it was mine issue as well.
soltechnology
First post

Post by soltechnology »

THANK YOU so much! Bitdefender was definitely the issue! When I opened my bitdefender app I could see numerous notifications about it blocking the website site address due to security. I knew the password was half working as it would take me to the 2 step verification page, but once I entered the code it would immediately take me back to the login page and say failed.

I was ready to rip my hair out as I thought the password had been corrupt somehow!

Saved the day!! Thanks again. :D :D
villaep
First post

Post by villaep »

Use Microsoft Edge, it worked for me on QNAP TS-459 PRO II. It was a Web browser problem, it didn't worked on Chrome, IE and Firefox.
t.huber
First post

Post by t.huber »

BitDefender was the Problem on my computer too.
Define an exception an the Login-Browser-Page no longer show "Wrong Password or incorrect Account"

Return to “NAS Management”