"your login credentials are incorrect or your account is no longer valid".

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
ammo99
Starting out

"your login credentials are incorrect or your account is no longer valid".

Post by ammo99 »

Hello.

I recently started to have the "your login credentials are incorrect or your account is no longer valid" when trying to get access to my tS-469Pro. I am running 4.3.4 (20171230). I have windows 10 with latest update.

I tried the 3 second reset, and sure enough some things changed - so my dual ethernet mapped to 192.168.0.99 now becomes 192.168.0.16 and 192.168.0.50. However, i still cant login using admin/admin from the login page (192.168.0.50:8080)

I AM using Bitdefender 2019 - but read up on the previous posts and added the exceptions in the Online threat prevention areaI also tried this using the Notifications area - and verified that the exceptions have been added.

However, after adding these exceptions, I now get the following:
I enter the address 192.168.0.50:8080
the screen (in firefox) goes blue for several seconds
the after short while, comes back with "The connection has timed out"

I have Bitdefender installed on 4 devices, so I tried this with my Ipad which doesnt have this installed - and it still doesn't work and comes back with incorrect credentials (although it uses the wifi connection - so not sure if this makes a difference)

I have tried switching off the Nas, then removing the hard drives, and turning it on.
when i try SSH, i can login using admin
i can see the /etc/passwd has the three entries (administrator + two other usernames)

Not sure if i should messing with trying to edit shadow passwd file? or what implications this would have - although i am up for creating a backup and then editing it. by the way, i tried looking for vipw - but it cant find that either.

I saw you can also adduser - which i have not tried yet -but i was thinking i could add a user and put in admin group.
Im not sure if this would work when i plug the drives back, or if this is a separate area .

I also found some online help which had config_util 1and storage_boot_init 1 - but these commands are not found when i have disks unplugged.

I also saw : rm -rf /etc/config/.qos_config/users/admin
which i havent tried yet - but i dont want to mess up something when i dont really understand what else it may do

any help please

Thanks in advance.
OneCD
Guru

Re: "your login credentials are incorrect or your account is no longer valid".

Post by OneCD »

ammo99 wrote:I tried the 3 second reset, and sure enough some things changed - so my dual ethernet mapped to 192.168.0.99 now becomes 192.168.0.16 and 192.168.0.50. However, i still cant login using admin/admin from the login page (192.168.0.50:8080)
Can you try your login with only a single Ethernet cable connected?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NAS_hans
Getting the hang of things

Post by NAS_hans »

I am also having this error message, just found out today, but last login was about 2 weeks ago, so the issue might exist for some time already. I am on QTS 4.3.5.0713, TS-253A.

Question 1: Should I be worried now that someone hacked my NAS and changed the admin pw? And has access to all my files?

Question 2: I wanted to do the 3-second reset, however am running into a problem. I know this sounds like a n00b question, but bare with me. If I insert a paperclip or similar object, I don't feel any button. The object is inserted at least 4cm and I can see a green light blinking when I look through the "reset" hole. So, may sound strange but it seems there is no reset button at all. It's just an empty hole. I inserted the paperclip all the way in, and then had a short circuit and the NAS rebooted.

I tried logging in using PuTTY but get "access denied" which I expect if the admin pw was really changed.

Please help!
NAS_hans
Getting the hang of things

Post by NAS_hans »

Ok, so it was the infamous BitDefender issue alright. Added the internal NAS IP to the exception list, and I'm able to login using Firefox now.

However the reset button issue is still open. Any ideas on that?

Thanks!
bronisb
New here

Post by bronisb »

My reset button also does not work, the only thing I did was change my password by connecting via android phone (Qfile).
ammo99
Starting out

Post by ammo99 »

Hello.
it is the same with One ethernet cable attached.

Can someone help with the passwd queries i have

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

the missing reset button could be and actual missing or broken off smd part .. you would need to open the nas to check
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

bronisb wrote:My reset button also does not work, the only thing I did was change my password by connecting via android phone (Qfile).
Follow this
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Kn ... ot-working

If cat2 model
Replace "config_util 1" and "storage_boot_init 1" with "storage_util --sys_startup"
ammo99
Starting out

Post by ammo99 »

Hey

That worked for me. Thank you so much.

However, firefox still didn't load the web front-end - I had to use MS Edge
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

ammo99 wrote:Hey

That worked for me. Thank you so much.

However, firefox still didn't load the web front-end - I had to use MS Edge
Great!

Try clearing all Firefox history
benbundy
New here

Post by benbundy »

Hello,

I hade the same message today that i could not login, but from a different PC I could.

So I put the IP-adres from the QNAP to the exception list from BitDefender and then it worked again.
Hopefully somesone has something from this solution.
Bye
Ben
twiga
Starting out

Post by twiga »

NAS_hans wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm Ok, so it was the infamous BitDefender issue alright. Added the internal NAS IP to the exception list, and I'm able to login using Firefox now.
This was my issue too! Thanks so much for highlighting it, as was starting to get very worried :-)
Model: TS-453 Pro + TS-653 Pro
chfalcao
New here

Post by chfalcao »

twiga wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:23 am
NAS_hans wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm Ok, so it was the infamous BitDefender issue alright. Added the internal NAS IP to the exception list, and I'm able to login using Firefox now.
The link below has instructions on how to add an exception
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=143608&p=686910&hi ... er#p686910
Model name: TS-251+
RAM: 8GB
Number of HDDs: 2 WD Greens, 2TB each, in Raid 1

Return to “NAS Management”