TS-251D app update error, also Plex is so bad on this? (Screenshot attached)

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
canada16
Know my way around

TS-251D app update error, also Plex is so bad on this? (Screenshot attached)

Post by canada16 »

Hey
I have just upgraded from my old x32 machine as it no longer supported Plex, but when it did it was flawless, I did not have any issues, but this one on the TS-251D is TERRIBLE.

I put my shows and movies on it and it almost always fails to load the cover posters so I have to download them myself. Version 1.21.1.3876

Even if I put on say Blacklist, the poster will be there, but instead of moving the new episode to the ones thats there and match it up it will make 2 copies and not have a poster, so I will have 2 blacklist shows side by side, one with a poster, the other no. This happens almost all the time when I upload my shows to plex and its starting to get annoying.

I spent a lot of money on this new unit, but I have had error after error which qnap say they are looking into.

The newest one which will not go away even if I follow qnaps page to stop the error coming up, it still keeps coming up and its not updating my apps.

Also the error I keep getting which I have not had any updates in about a month in the app centre is:

PICTURE ATTACHED.

I would really appreciate some help as my app centre has not updated anything for ages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
canada16
Know my way around

Re: TS-251D app update error, also Plex is so bad on this? (Screenshot attached)

Post by canada16 »

Sorry I thought I would post what I can as I only use my NAS for Plex and media so I am not into coding or going into the extended features like containers.

I did not have a issue when I was on sky broadband, but I did move from copper line to fibre, I am not sure if this caused the issue, but either way its just a standard IP router which has not been messed with.

It says on Qnap it may happen if I am on a isolated network, I am not really sure what this means, and if I am can I change that as again I am not getting any updates for like a month or so.

I followed this from Qnap:
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... t-can-i-do

Also is there a better more stable version of plex, as the one Qnap has as standard is terrible and it has been like that before my fibre install so its not that.

Thanks again
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-251D app update error, also Plex is so bad on this? (Screenshot attached)

Post by dolbyman »

all seems to point to internet connectivity issues

- Plex cannot scrape
- App info cannot load
- Disk metadata cannot be send to qnap)

so check your NAS gateway settings ..btw screenshots can be done (much better) without a camera
canada16
Know my way around

Post by canada16 »

Thanks Dolbyman

I dont know what I am looking for in the gateway settings thats the problem.

I just bought this to set it and forget it, I have no idea what I am looking to do in the gateway settings or even where they are.

I know I am pretty useless LOL

I am wondering if I should do a reset on my NAS and start over as you are right, plex wont scrape any info on new media.

Also do you know why my app centre is bringing up this error and why it wont update.

The thing is:

Plex has been like this since I installed the QNAP copy when I bought my NAS
The APP centre has only just started to bring up this error over the past month or so.

Sorry to be a pain, I am such a NOOB, but my only interest with my NAS devices are only for media and plex, thats it. I dont know anything else about it really.
canada16
Know my way around

Post by canada16 »

OK
So I think I have sorted the plex issue, it may have been the order in which it was getting my shows from.

I reordered the way it searches for the media and a show I put in went straight in the folder it was supposed to.

So down to one issue of my APP Centre not updating anything.

## SPOKE TO SOON - I uploaded a show and it just made another copy, so I had a poster for say Magnum PI, but then it made another copy on plex which was blank and it was not matching the file.

I cant understand how my 9 year old x32 system worked flawlessly for years, but I buy a better newer unit and have had nothing but problems with it. Very strange
canada16
Know my way around

Post by canada16 »

Can anyone help as to why my apps are not updating ?

Is there a simple fix ?

I really appreicate your time
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

contact qnap via ticket..there seems to be a connectivity bug in some new firmware version

Return to “NAS Management”