TVS-h1688x with QuTS Hero hangs on reboot/shutdown

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
piggyrat
New here

TVS-h1688x with QuTS Hero hangs on reboot/shutdown

Post by piggyrat »

Hello,

Has anyone experience hangs on shutdown/reboot of QUTS Hero.

I have TVS-h1688x with QuTS Hero (h4.5.3.1670 2021/05/15).

I have open a case with QNAP but they seem to be ignoring it and blaming the hangs on Plex.

I do use the following apps on the unit:
Plex (this has been disabled and the hangs still occurred).
HBS 3
Virtual Station

I think there is another issue but I only notice the hangs on reboot/shutdown. The hangs does not always occur and sometime I can tell when it will occur if one of the above apps starts to misbehave (ie VM loses network some network connectivity, rsync from HBS does not finish). The only think that seems to be consistence is HD lights are blink if there was heavy activity. From what I can tell, activity should be at a minimum.

Regards,
Cliff
piggyrat
New here

Re: TVS-h1688x with QuTS Hero hangs on reboot/shutdown

Post by piggyrat »

Hi All,

For those of you who may be running into this issue, I think I have figured it out.

The issue with the hang seems to be with deduplication and/or deduplication cleanup process.

Since disabling both deduplication and deduplication cleanup (yes both needs to be disabled), there hasn't been a hang yet. Please note that this is not conclusive as I seem to be regularly re-booting. I just have not notice the hangs recently.

Qnap has yet to acknowledge this as they have not responded to any of my service requests on hang issues.
marcoi
Starting out

Re: TVS-h1688x with QuTS Hero hangs on reboot/shutdown

Post by marcoi »

I had experienced hangs on the latest FW when running a VM on Virtual Station. I also have a ticket opened but dont know if QNAP will test the scenario that been causing me issues. I use deduplication on my storage pools. Prior to the latest FW update, i had no issues with the system hanging and i had a VM running for weeks.

So i dont know the root cause of the issue: IE could be FW update, the new VM setup which was different from the one running for weeks, etc.

PS i stopped using Virtual station for now and have not had a hang since i stopped using it.
Model name TVS-h1688X
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-1250 CPU @ 3.30GHz (6 cores, 12 threads)
Total memory 128 GB (126 GB usable)

Return to “NAS Management”