DNS Server Update not sticking

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
dnsplus
Starting out

DNS Server Update not sticking

Post by dnsplus »

I have a TS-1673U-RP running 4.5.2.1594.

I have 2 adapter port trunk (NIC Team) using 802.3ad dynamic (switches are configured for Layer2&3 LACP).

I am unable to update the DNS servers in the Bond0 interface. I edit the setting again and again, but the addresses shown in the Network and Virtual switch overview remain at their old values.

I have tried to force the nameserver config from an ssh session using setcfg network "domain name server 1" w.x.y.1 [the desired IP], and similarly for server 2.

The settings revert to the undesired values, no matter what.

I have tried to edit the resolve.dnsmasq to specify the desired name server addresses.

Nothing seems to work.

Not having functional DNS is preventing me from being able to open a support ticket from the NAS, as well as not being able to re-join AD.
========================================
1x TS-563
2x TS-859 Pro+
TrueNAS server with 125 600GB SAS 10K drives
dnsplus
Starting out

Re: DNS Server Update not sticking

Post by dnsplus »

OK, so ... we all know that once we post something public, we figure it out.

This issue is no different.

The cause was an old Q'center rule that for some reason, suddenly decided it would be honored by the NAS which was forcing a DNS server IP configuration which we used a couple years ago.

I changed the DNS server in the rule to what we currently use, and also setup the Domain Security options.

As soon as I did that, things started magically working again !!!!

You never see anyone posting about using Q'center. But this time, that old forgotten was the cause of all this nonsense.
========================================
1x TS-563
2x TS-859 Pro+
TrueNAS server with 125 600GB SAS 10K drives

Return to “NAS Management”