Veeam Credentials Problem With Qnap

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
placelikelocalhost
New here

Veeam Credentials Problem With Qnap

Post by placelikelocalhost »

Hello,

im trying to backup to my qnap device in my domain on the veeambackup but i can not success, i see error message when i trying to run backup proccess

Error Message:
Processing VM-FileServer Error: The user name or password is incorrect. --tr:Error code: 0x0000052e Failed to process [isFileExists]. --tr:Client failed to process the command. Command: [isFileExists]. --tr:event:3:
but I can successfully back up when i try using another nas (TrueNAS)

How i tried(on both nas devices):
- i created local user (username: veeamb password: password)
- created a folder for smb sharing
- permit to folder for access to local veeam user
- created new repository on veem software
- added cretendials of nas local users
- added backup job and run (truenas job is succeeded and qnap job is failed in this step )

so i thnik this problem is definetely with this qnap, because i succeeded when i try to backup to another NAS (TrueNAS).

My Device Info:
TS-1232PXU-RP
QTS 5.0.1.2269

How can i solve this problem?

Btw I'm sorry for the bad english :/

Best Regards.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Veeam Credentials Problem With Qnap

Post by dolbyman »

I use veeam in a domain environment, I use a domain account login though, why do you use a local account ?
placelikelocalhost
New here

Post by placelikelocalhost »

forgot to write, i tried the same operations with domain user and problem is not solved
TrentDude69
First post

Post by TrentDude69 »

I am experiencing the same problems. I have tried a new Shared Folder on the QNAP device, and a new local account, and domain account. Nothing appears to be working.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Any sort of access control warning from the QNAP log?
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I seem to remember that Veeam only recognises the main administrator account and not even other accounts with the same level of permission.
Hammer Time
New here

Post by Hammer Time »

Just a guess here. The issue started after a Windows patch? The issue, again just a guess, is you are using a Domain Account and the QNAP cannot connect to domain controller to verify.
Unlike another response, yes you can use a local account, no does not even need to be admin group. To test, create a new share and a new local user(local on QNAP). Give local account RW to new share. In Veeam add the local QNAP user to "Credentials". Create new repo pointing to new share and using new local QNAP user to connect to repo.
How do I know? This is how I have configured 13+ QNAP repo/Veeam configs and the only repo Veeam has an issue with (Yes after MS update (KB5027222)) is a NetApp using a domain account to access CIFs share on NetApp. Solution to NetApp repo issue=Update NetApp.
Hammer Time
New here

Post by Hammer Time »

Also check you have SMBv1 disabled on QNAP, you should be able to set lowest level (SMB v1.2 or SMB v2) and on some QNAPs set hoghest SMB v3.

Return to “NAS Management”