Qcenter showing "Admin password changed" when it has not

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
TCWGroup
New here

Qcenter showing "Admin password changed" when it has not

Post by TCWGroup »

Hi all,

I've setup an instance of qcenter in a cloud hosted VM and have over 70 QNAP NAS's currently talking to it. The purpose was to be able to monitor the alerts from the devices and in the event a drive fails or a hacking attempt is made, myself or my team can react quicker than waiting for a phone call from the customer.

The issue I'm having is now that it has been running for a while, 43 of them are currently saying "The server password has been changed, click here to input new password".
Error1.jpg
  • I have restarted the qcenter VM by logging into it and rebooting.
  • I have tried removing and re-adding the qcenter app from an effected NAS, this resolved the issue for that one NAS.
  • QCenter is up to date. Version 1.12.4001 (20220813)
I don't know what else to try.

It is very strange to have 43 NAS's all have the same message around the same time when the account used is not normally one provided to the customer (we create one for them to use) and the original password still works. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and if so, how did you fix it? I feel I shouldn't need to remote into 43 seperate NAS's to uninstall and reinstall the QCenter app considering this app is targeted at enterprise customers.

Any help would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jpsmeele
Starting out

Re: Qcenter showing "Admin password changed" when it has not

Post by jpsmeele »

Same issue overhere.
But readding only the password within Q'center is enough.

I have more smaller issues. All QNAP's are now not supported within firmware update

Good luck
Peter
TCWGroup
New here

Post by TCWGroup »

Thanks Peter. Glad to know it's not just me. Some of the ones i've entered the password for are showing as offline now so I guess I'll be removing and re-adding those ones. Hopefully there isn't too many. Got 2 to do so far.
WardComputers
Starting out

Post by WardComputers »

I still have this issue occuring. I watched this thread and been looking for a good answer for over a year or two.
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

WardComputers wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:47 am I still have this issue occuring. I watched this thread and been looking for a good answer for over a year or two.
This would be a good candidate for a query to QNAP support.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
TCWGroup
New here

Post by TCWGroup »

Hi all, Just a quick update. By updating to the latest version of QCenter Version 1.12.6010 (20230910) a couple of weeks ago, the issue appears to have sorted. I've only got a few NAS's left that are showing locked because someone has genuinely changed the password. Now to sort them out...

I hope it works out for you as well.

Return to “NAS Management”