Elephant Drive stopped working

dammark
Starting out

Elephant Drive stopped working

Post by dammark »

I'm wondering if anyone have experienced the same as I ?

In the ElephantDrive interface on the Qnap everything is looking ok and indicating that I'm locked in.
At the ElephantDrive website everything looks ok, plenty of space.

But for some reason it's not backing up anymore.
My backup have has been working flawlessly for months/years, but suddenly it stopped working.

As you can see on the attached screendump, the 2014 folder contains up to 07 on the Qnap device, but on ElephantDrive it stops at 05.

I've tried the ElephantDrive support, but it's like talking to a brick wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElephantDriveSupport
Starting out

Re: Elephant Drive stopped working

Post by ElephantDriveSupport »

Hello Dammark,

Can you please try unlinking and then re-linking your QNAP device with your ElephantDrive account? To do that, please follow the instructions below:

From the QNAP interface, go to ‘Backup’ --> ‘Cloud Backup or my QNAP cloud’ --> ‘ElephantDrive’ --> click 'log-out' --> Un-check "EnableElephantDrive" Service and hit apply --> Wait 30 seconds --> Re-check "Enable ElephantDrive" Service--> re-enter username and password in both fields (only on latest firmware) and hit 'Apply' again.

If this does not resolve the issue, please PM me directly here with your email address (the one on your ElephantDrive account) and we will take a closer look at your account.
dammark
Starting out

Post by dammark »

Hi guys. The suggested fix didn’t have any effect.
I've sent you my details on support@elephantdrive.com since it's not possible to PM you here or via Twitter.
pennypacker
New here

Post by pennypacker »

I encountered the same thing. Unlinking the account didn't work for me either. I did change my Elephant Drive password on the ED account profile, unlinked it in QNAP, then linked it again with the new password. It seems to have kick started Elephant Drive back into action and all my backups are now running again.
rebel1976
New here

Post by rebel1976 »

to change password worked also for me! just one thing , i linked using internal qnap app, but i also installed latest qpg for my nas from elephnat drive. no errors during installation but when i try to open the app :

http://192.168.0.9/elephantdrive

i get error 404 file not found. am i missing anything? i am worry about my qnap cause some other app give me the same error. doest it work for you?

Not Found

The requested URL /elephantdrive was not found on this server.

Apache Server at 192.168.0.9 Port 80
colditz
New here

Post by colditz »

crazyx wrote:Hi,

I was in contact with Elephantdrive this week concering this error. They will release next week a new version of the app solving that 404 Error problem on my QNAP TS-219P.

Any news on if this 'new' version has been released ?
colditz
New here

Post by colditz »

rebel1976 and crazyx - I had the same problem and fixed in the following way ;

Once you've installed ElephantDrive (and you get the "The requested URL /elephantdrive was not found on this server" error
- as per http://support.elephantdrive.com/hc/en- ... m-QNAP-UI-)

Login to your QNAP directly (telnet / ssh) and do the following ;

# cd /etc/init.d
# vi elephantdrive.sh (dont worry - you only need to know the simple vi commands)

change the line that says ;

/bin/ln -sf ${QPKG_DIR}/www /share/web/elephantdrive

to be ;

/bin/ln -sf ${QPKG_DIR}/www /share/Qweb/elephantdrive

and then save the file.

Restart Elephantdrive ;

# ./elephantdrive.sh restart

and then the ElephantDrive web page will now show up.

Return to “ElephantDrive”