Official launching in App Center - Xopero Free Forever

Xopero_team
Starting out

Official launching in App Center - Xopero Free Forever

Post by Xopero_team »

Hi everybody!

What would you say about getting your QNAP NAS even better? Your QNAP server can store all important data from your laptop or PC. Xopero goes beyond just storage to make your QNAP a professional backup device. And now you can protect three devices free forever with Xopero's best-in-class tools - equipped with Smart Recovery technology, with which you can launch a virtual instance of your backed up device from your QNAP instantly.

Check Xopero Free Forever. You can find it in QNAP App Center and Marketplace or get it directly from our website.

Xopero gives you the kind of backup tools that normally businesses pay tens of thousands - with Xopero you have it for free for your own use today. Now you have not only a perfect storage device but also a smart backup solution.

Best,
Karolina from Xopero Team
spaxz
Starting out

Re: Official launching in App Center - Xopero Free Forever

Post by spaxz »

I wish it was as easy as that. Can't get anything to work. Installed the app on my Qnap device. Installed the management software on my Windows 10 PC. It lists my Qnap's IP address, setup a new user and select server for backups - it then pops up a dialog box saying I get a 30 day trial. Whatever... I hit accept (where's freemium??). From there it lists my local Windows 10 IP address, when I manually type in the NAS IP... no dice. Tried the setup 5 times, some errors I received indicated I did not have the proper user rights. Deleted Management software on PC and deleted app off Qnap.

If anyone has had success with setting this up and getting it to work, can you please post detailed instructions on how to do it.
Xopero_team
Starting out

Re: Official launching in App Center - Xopero Free Forever

Post by Xopero_team »

Hi spaxz,

probably you've installed Xopero Pro version where is trial license available. To get free version of Xopero you need to install Xopero Free Forever appliaction instead of Xopero Pro. If you get in troubles with configuration take a look at this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xhmFp3Z8M or contact with our support: http://support.xopero.com or support@xopero.com.

Regards,
Grzegorz from Xopero Team

Return to “Xopero”