Backup of Xopero data folder and update issue.

ircident
First post

Backup of Xopero data folder and update issue.

Post by ircident »

Hi,

First off, thanks for creating such an awesome backup solution and providing that for free to home users.

I've been using Xopero for about a month and am pretty happy with what it's doing. I have a couple questions and one issue.

1. What is the recommended way to make a backup of the data folder Xopero stores the backups to. I currently created a remote backup job using RTTR to synchronize the folder to another NAS.

2. Is there any way to access the data is something goes horribly wrong with the setup? I usually stay away from proprietary backup solutions due to the inability to get at the data if the software suddenly stops working and I have to get at that backup data.

3. I had an issue updating the server to the new version. I downloaded the qpkg linked in the management page. When I installed it and started everything back up, it didn't recognize that I had previous backup sets created. No users or devices showed up. I had to rollback and it all came back. That got me worried.
Xopero_team
Starting out

Re: Backup of Xopero data folder and update issue.

Post by Xopero_team »

Hello Ircident,

We are glad that you're using Xopero and you're happy.

1. Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) is an unique and effective backup feature provided by QNAP NAS to back up new and modified files immediately to another folder or a remote NAS. We recommend this solution.
2. Backup made by Xopero can be restored only through our applications.
3. If you want to get help about this matter, please contact with our Technical Support via https://support.xopero.com/hc/requests/new

Best regards,
Marta from Xopero Team

Return to “Xopero”