HEUREKA! Xopero actually works here..

fribse
Experience counts

HEUREKA! Xopero actually works here..

Post by fribse »

So after two years of problems with Xopero, they actually made it work.
It seems that it had problems with localized versions of Windows, so because my Windows was running in Danish, it failed.
But I can now confirm that that problems is solved, and the backups are running nicely.

I can actually make backups to the QNAP.
Now I just have to figure out in what extent it is needed, I've implemented other solutions in the meantime.
Best regards
Fribse

NO, RAID is NOT backup - Use RAID-Certified 24x7 drives for raid
HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet
fribse
Experience counts

Re: HEUREKA! Xopero actually works here..

Post by fribse »

So I've been running Xopero (currently only the freemium) here since the last post, and it seems to work really well, it does the versioning as it should.
It doesn't take up too much space on the receipient server.
I've installed xopero on my old nas (QTS 4.3.x), which acts as my backup nas.
Best regards
Fribse

NO, RAID is NOT backup - Use RAID-Certified 24x7 drives for raid
HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet

Return to “Xopero”