Recover files from bare metal backup

alexmatthew
Starting out

Recover files from bare metal backup

Post by alexmatthew »

Hi

I'm trying to test to see that it is suitable for us, using the free 3 device licence at the moment.
Rather than having a just file backup job I like to keep a disk image but might need to use this for both full disaster recovery or possibly retrieval of just a few files.
Using the bare metal backup this seems to be possible in that I can image the drive and then export it as a VM to retrieve files if required. Although I'm currently I'm sitting waiting for the export VM to complete, it seems very slow, 45min already and only 3% done.

I have 2x laptops to keep backups of. Nothing fancy but I've lost a couple to windows BSOD in the past and would like to be able to recover from that as well as a few file version backups.

Has anyone used this in anger or have any insights into the best configuration?
TS-253A-8GB- RAID1-2x6TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro
TS-253A-4GB- RAID1-2x4TB WD Red NAS
TS-231P-1GB- RAID0-2x1TB WD Red NAS
alexmatthew
Starting out

Re: Recover files from bare metal backup

Post by alexmatthew »

I’ll take that as a no then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TS-253A-8GB- RAID1-2x6TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro
TS-253A-4GB- RAID1-2x4TB WD Red NAS
TS-231P-1GB- RAID0-2x1TB WD Red NAS
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Recover files from bare metal backup

Post by dolbyman »

I have restored bare metal backups via recovery disks from NAS via Veeam before, the NAS just held the data and the recovery media had the network drivers needed to access the data on the NAS

if xopero is anything like this.. there is nothing for the NAS to do other than holding the data ...

recover the whole system or recover separate files

Return to “Xopero”