NFS mount failure until DHCP renewal

Discussion about using NAS on Linux and Unix OS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: NFS mount failure until DHCP renewal

Post by OneCD »

aboaboit wrote:Nope, total failure: NFS restart, NFS stop + NFS start, network restart, network stop + network start, nothing fixes the NFS issue I have like disabling the service from the admin GUI and re-enabling it.
Either I do not reboot the router or I figure out what the GUI does differently from the cmdline scripts :)
Try this:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/nfs stop
setcfg NFS Enable False
setcfg NFS Enable True
/etc/init.d/nfs start

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
aboaboit
Starting out

Post by aboaboit »

OneCD wrote:Try this:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/nfs stop
setcfg NFS Enable False
setcfg NFS Enable True
/etc/init.d/nfs start
Yay, thanks: this worked. I recreated the problem by rebooting the WDS router, tried mount (and got failure as hoped), ran the snippet and the next mount attempt was successful.
I wanted to double check by repeating the test once more but it always works now, there must be a timing issue.
For the moment, I'll add them to the crontab with a script and I'll retry in a few days.
aboaboit
Starting out

Post by aboaboit »

This is puzzling: NAS is now directly connected on the same switch as the desktop and with a static IP, router and swich are not rebooted but both NAS and desktop client are hibernated during the day.
After waking up both of them, I still have the problem and the fix still is the same: restarting NFS.

Return to “Linux & Unix (NFS)”