Mounting a share via Raspi to a QNAS Share

Discussion about using NAS on Linux and Unix OS.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Re: Mounting a share via Raspi to a QNAS Share

Post by oyvindo »

I'm stuck on a strange problem right now - I edit fstab, save it and reopen it again to verify that the content is properly saved. Then reboot just to find that the fstab has been reset to the default version and my editing is lost. THis happens every time I reboot. It seems as if the /etc/fstab is located in some ramdisk and thus is lost during reboot and replaced by an original version from someplace else.
Any ideas?
ImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

For which Pi distro?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Sorry OneCD, I shouldn't have jumped into this thread. My problem is not with a Pi, but my QNAP. I am - after intense research - beginning to learn that the QNAP boot sequence isn't like other Linux systems. I'm now reading Don Mullers guide : download/file.php?id=2096
ImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

oyvindo wrote:I am - after intense research - beginning to learn that the QNAP boot sequence isn't like other Linux systems.
If it helps, I recently posted this to assist with autorun.sh creation. ;)
Last edited by OneCD on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Thanks for the link OneCD. I haven't tried your solution yet. There's stuff in there that I do not fully understand yet.
Meanwhile, I succeeded in my attempt to create a permanent link to my windows machine, and I posted my [HOW-TO] here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=128961
ImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

oyvindo wrote:Thanks for the link OneCD. I haven't tried your solution yet. There's stuff in there that I do not fully understand yet.
Ah, well it takes care of automatically mounting the DOM and creating the autorun.sh system.

But you've already covered that in your tutorial. That way is longer, but gets you there in the end. :wink:

Return to “Linux & Unix (NFS)”