[FIX] Fix slow NFS performance between QNAP NAS & All TviX

Discussion about using NAS on Linux and Unix OS.
thunderace1k
Know my way around

Re: [FIX] Fix slow NFS performance between QNAP NAS & All TviX

Post by thunderace1k »

@Andy

Is it fixed in version 2.1 ?
doggiehowser
Getting the hang of things

Post by doggiehowser »

Surprised there has been no follow up with this :(

I had a pretty good experience with the 209Pro [but I didn't fancy my chances with a RAID0 (2x300GB) setup on the 209Pro] so I recently got the 409Pro in a RAID5 configuration with 4x1TB drives when I needed more space.

Just tested the TS409Pro with firmware 2.1.0 Build 0904T and NFS is unusable with the TVIX.

I am still running TVIX 4100 and I hook the 209Pro and 409Pro to the same Gbit switch (SMC).

209Pro with firmware 2.0.1 Build 0416T (haven't upgraded it since it works fine for what I need it for) works beautifully.

Weird.

When will this be fixed?
doorhof
New here

Post by doorhof »

Hi,
Switch to a 10/100 switch and it works fine.
I'm also still waiting on the upgrade.
thunderace1k
Know my way around

Post by thunderace1k »

I can confirm that the latest (0925) version of the firmware doesn't fix the problem.
stmaster
New here

Post by stmaster »

HI,

I've been chasing solution for mixed network issue that I have and I cannot find clear confirmation what is at fault. I have Qnap TS409 Pro and I'm using it with Tvix HD5130. At the moment they're connected to D-link router (10/100) and everything works just fine. NFS is enabled and I can stream HD files (mkv) and other SD formats without any problems. I've decided to upgrade my netwotk throwing in gigabit switch (unmamanged) and here is the problem. When I use gigabit switch (Qnap and Tvix) connected to gigabit switch, I cannot steram anything. I can see and access files on the Qnap from Tvix but I cannot play anything (very long handshaking and negotiating between TVix and Qnap). Same thing if I connect only Qnap to gigabit switch and Tvix to my router (10/100).

So my confusion is where is the issue, is it with Qnap (latest firmware loaded) or with Tvix (10/100 port)?

I would apprecite any comments. Thanks.
doorhof
New here

Post by doorhof »

It's not only the TVIX I have the same problem with :
TVIX and the Dune BD prime.

The 209 works flawless and the 409 doesn't.
To be honest I already gave up a little but, somehow Qnap will charge you alot of money for a NAS but doesn't listen to the forum.
It's a shame because I really like the product.
Even worse is that our company is a Qnap dealer and we also don't get an answer except send in the NAS for repair, we tested 4 seperate units and they ALL don't work on 1GB.

Connecting from a MAC or PC does work on 1GB using a mediaplayer like TVIX or Dune BD prime doesn't.
It's not a setting, I copied every single setting from my 209 which does work.
Q
Experience counts

Post by Q »

hi

check out http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... =10#p86987 and following pages.

unfs could help you too i guess :)
I am Q
www.qnap.ch

I don't work at QNAP.
And RAID is really NO backup!
Nisei
Know my way around

Post by Nisei »

dgefter wrote:I'm having same really bad performance with NFS on TS-409 Pro (firmware vers. 2.0.0-0122T) using Tvix 4100sh. There is a long delay when playing a file and the playback is very choppy.
Sounds like the same problem I'm experiencing with my WDTV connected to the TS119. The only way I can get acceptable transfer speeds is force rsize/wsize to 8192. This way I'm just able to stream 1080p but with high bitrate scenes things can get choppy now and then.
NAS:
TS-119 3.5.0 build 0816
Samsung HD103UI 1TB

Backup:
WD MyBook Home 1TB eSATA

Return to “Linux & Unix (NFS)”