Container station shows empty window when creating new container since latest CS update

Christophe999s
New here

Container station shows empty window when creating new container since latest CS update

Post by Christophe999s »

Since the update to the 2.4.0.2316 version of container station I can no longer create new containers (or change existing container settings).
Things I've tried:
multiple browsers (incognito mode) > NOK
remove container station - reboot - reinstall > NOK
remove container station - remove /Container folder - reboot - reinstall > NOK
remove container station - remove /Container folder - reboot - installed http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/container ... 08_x86.zip > OK
update to 2.4.0.2316 > NOK
revert to 2.3.5.1708 > OK
Anyone with similar experiences?

PS: I've tried to open a ticket with qnap, but their site and the app both say 'Unable to create ticket' :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Superdoop
Starting out

Re: Container station shows empty window when creating new container since latest CS update

Post by Superdoop »

I've had the same problem.

Their App issue log states there is a fix whereby a blank screen is displayed when network virtualization settings configured. It was supposed to fix it but I dont think it has.

I've managed the log a QNAP ticket yesterday evening, awaiting update.

I'll keep you posted. :|
Superdoop
Starting out

Re: Container station shows empty window when creating new container since latest CS update

Post by Superdoop »

Details here

Container Station 2.4.0.2316
( 2021/08/02 )
[Important Notes]
- QNAP is ending support for LXC containers by the end of 2021. Container Station will not support the creation and modification of LXC containers. Ensure to backup all relevant data and files before LXC containers reach the end of support.
- LXC containers have been removed from the recommended list for x86-64 models. Users looking for alternative containers can search for images from the LXD image server for creating LXD containers.

[New Features]
- Supports searching images from the LXD image server for creating LXD containers on x86-64 models.
- Supports container duplication.
- Supports image creation from Docker containers.
- Supports pulling images prior to container creation.

[Enhancements]
- Updated Docker Compose to version 1.29.2

[Fixed Issues]
- The application would display blank values for network interface and mode if both IPv4 and IPv6 settings were configured for network adapters in Network & Virtual Switch.
- Container Station would mount the container volume at the incorrect location path if the host folder name contained "share". Back up and recreate the container to mount at the correct path, and reboot the system manually to delete the incorrect folder.

[Compatibility]
- Container Station 2.4 is compatible only with the following firmware and applications: QTS 4.5.3.1697 (or later), QuTS hero h4.5.3.1698 (or later), QuFirewall 1.4.0 (or later), QIoT Suite 2.0.008 (or later)
Superdoop
Starting out

Post by Superdoop »

QNAP Support requested a remote session to find the fault but I managed to find out what it was...

If you have VPN Client setup (eg OpenVPN via QVPN Service 2), then disconnect it, that's the issue. All options should appear when creating containers...

You can re-enable it after the containers are running.

I hope this helps...
Christophe999s
New here

Post by Christophe999s »

I only have IPv4 active, and i'm not using the vpn service, so it's probably something else.
I was able to log a ticket with qnap eventually, so i'm awaiting their response.
aS7VfmEx5
First post

Post by aS7VfmEx5 »

What a bad update, unable to create and change the configuration, it is blank after opening
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

I have a similar problem after updating to 2.4.0.2316 version of container station:

1. The List of available versions from Docker HUB of a particular container, is incomplete
2. Trying to install "latest" image and the UI becomes unresponsive when clicking "Create".
3. Pulled the correct image manually from Docker HUB, and tried to create a container from it in CS, and the same thing happens: UI becomes unresponsive when I click "Create".

I tried to wait a long time (10 minutes) but nothing happens.

So, there seems to be some really bad bugs in 2.4.0.2316 version of container station.
Is it possible to downgrade CS to the previous version?
ImageImageImage
Christophe999s
New here

Post by Christophe999s »

Yes, you can download the file and then install it manually.
http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/container ... 08_x86.zip
Unzip the file, open app center and click the install manually button on the top right.
Click browse, select the unzipped file and hit install.
onehans
Know my way around

Post by onehans »

i get that empty window when connected to VPN.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

I found the culprit for my problem:
Adding a too large share folder to a container during creation, caused the QTS UI to freeze completely.
Most likely because the folder holds 1637 subfolders containing over 137.000 MP3 files at a total of 650Gb
This did not happen with the previous version of CS.

But I find it weird that the Container solution that a NAS company like QNAP is offering, fails to handle a link to a library of less that a TerraByte of media files ?!?
Most QNAP servers are rigged with dozens of TerraBytes particularly for Media Management.
QNAP never seizes to surprise me.
ImageImageImage
Christophe999s
New here

Post by Christophe999s »

I've received following message:
I received a message from our R&D team.
Please can you confirm it's working now in Container Station version 2.4.0?
If yes then please don't remove update or downgrade CS untill the next
version release in which the problem will be solved.
Thank you.

Tested and everything is working as intended now.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Did they give you a new version for testing purpose?
Which version number are you using now (2.4.0.xxxx)? What are the xxxx values?
ImageImageImage
Christophe999s
New here

Post by Christophe999s »

Still v2.4.0.2316. My guess is that they fixed it on my device and will implement this fix in the next release.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Everyone is given notice to update 4.0.2316 and QNAP never makes local modifications on an App running on a customer NAS. If they fixed it for you remotely, it must have been a problem with your config, and not the app itself.
I am currently running 4.0.2316 and my problem is still present, but at least now I know what it is.
ImageImageImage
Christophe999s
New here

Post by Christophe999s »

Then why do they say the issue will be resolved in the next version?
And why do they ask not to downgrade and reinstall the upgrade? If it was my config, it shouldn't matter if I downgrade or reinstall...

Return to “Container Station”