Qiot

QIoT technology to allow you to explore potential IoT business opportunities.
Smart home/Smart building/Smart City/
jason_a69
Getting the hang of things

Qiot

Post by jason_a69 »

Hi all,

Qnap are making a big song and dance about how your Qnap can become a solution to deploy an "Internet of Things" infrastructure, there is a nice document here about it
https://www.qnap.com/solution/qiot-containers/en/

The thing is...does anyone know how to deploy all the individual containers and get them to talk to each other so that it can be deployed?

As usual, Qnap are a bit lacking in documentation when it comes to doing things in real world scenarios.

Cheers

Jason
QNAP 470 Pro with I7 and 16G memory
Current firmware version:4.3.6 1907
Now EOL
jason_a69
Getting the hang of things

Re: Qiot

Post by jason_a69 »

Hi all,

Forget QIOT, it is nowhere near ready for release. I ended up installing Ubuntu in a VM and using that instead.

Jason
QNAP 470 Pro with I7 and 16G memory
Current firmware version:4.3.6 1907
Now EOL
kalehtim
Starting out

Post by kalehtim »

I am also looking for some examples how to get started. Just bough a new QNAP as my older one did not support Container Station. Installed a Node.js Docker container, Ponte, Node-RED, MongoDB and Freeboard as I want to build a nice dashboard for all my ESP8266 based sensors. Noticed that the network settings need to be figured out before creating a container and I am sure that there is much more to be learned, but some guides/examples would be nice to have at this point. Still curious and excited to learn it all but concerned that frustration may take over at some point if there is too much to be learned ;-)
kalehtim
Starting out

Post by kalehtim »

Some interesting content has appeared here https://qiot.qnap.com/en
Even some examples but on a very high level. Got a few hints there but no real advice how to proceed.

Return to “QIoT”