Container Station and Minecraft Tutorial

vartman
First post

Container Station and Minecraft Tutorial

Post by vartman »

I'm pretty new to containers and can not get access to Minecraft after installing the container.

Does anyone have a step by step tutorial that can walk a newbie like me through it?

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks!
SilentOne77
First post

Re: Container Station and Minecraft Tutorial

Post by SilentOne77 »

Me too vartman. Searching now how to get it working. If you worked it out, would appreciate you sharing this. Otherwise if anyone else knows pls share. Thank you!
accessrandom
New here

Post by accessrandom »

I have a tutorial video on Youtube that goes step-by-step installing kitematic's Minecraft Server package in a container. I routed the container's networking through a virtual switch to get access to it from my network.

My Youtube channel name is the same as my username here. I hope this helps.
rkoppen
Starting out

Post by rkoppen »

I followed the tutorial but I cannot connect from my phone to the Nas. Everything seems to be running ok but connection is not possible.

What can I check ?
rkoppen
Starting out

Post by rkoppen »

Nevermind, was trying to connect with Minecraft PE to a regular Minecraft server.

I now installed a minecraft PE Docker instance and this works fine.
accessrandom
New here

Post by accessrandom »

Sorry, I wasn't able to log back in for a week. Glad everything is working out.
rpf2071
New here

Post by rpf2071 »

I followed your tutorial. I can ping the address of the minecraft server, but I cannot connect to the server with Minecraft on a windows 10 PC. I've double checked the address and port to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
romu92
Starting out

Post by romu92 »

hi,

I have an TS251 ans I tried to install Minecraft in a container as described in the Youtube video.
Installation finished well but when I start the server, the logs ends with the below message:
Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 6475ms or 129 ticks behind

Does it mean that my NAS is not powerful enough to run the server ?

thanks for your help,

Romu
dexter_dxxt
New here

Post by dexter_dxxt »

Hi romu92.

Your HW is pretty weak for minecraft server. Try change 'max-tick-time=999' to 'max-tick-time=-1' in server.properties file (/opt/QMineCraft/server.properties or where you instaled MC Server). More info aobut server.properties -> https://www.g-portal.us/wiki/Server.properties
gabner
Starting out

Post by gabner »

Ts-451 can run this?
Thank you
TS-451 (4x WD Red 3 TB, WD30EFRX 64M) Win 8.1
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

if a 251 was too slow (see two posts above) then a 451 will have the same issue
RakoczyPhoto
New here

Post by RakoczyPhoto »

I watched your YouTube video and it was great, except that the current version of QTS is different, and I'm having trouble configuring Virtual Switch. I am using one physical adapter to the modem/router/AP. Setting up the virtual switch changed my QNAP IP which I did not want to happen. The virtual switch created was named "Virtual Switch 3" even though I've never used them before. I'm stuck not really knowing whether this is configured properly - i.e. to run a Minecraft server for my kid while not messing with my other QNAP and network functions.

Can you help with the setup of Virtual Switches or direct me to resources that could?

EDIT: I created a VS with the same IP as my adapter, 192.168.1.78 as I have my QNAP on a static IP for ease of finding and configuring other stuff. I installed the kitematic/minecraft Docker container at 192.168.1.222. I seem to be able to ping both IP addresses from a CMD shell, and both show up as "connected devices" in my modem-router admin page. So it suggests I did that part correct?? But I cannot connect Minecraft itself to the docker server at any address.
dolomite186
First post

Post by dolomite186 »

hi, feel very thanks to the tutorial, but i met difficulties,

the timezonme maybe has something wrong, because it always show"can't keep up, is the system time change?" like this
and the time is indeed incorrect on the code lines.

how can I solve the problemm?? i don't know how the change the Container Station on QNAP timezone....sorry,,please help me...

Return to “Container Station”