DHCP service not started?

kamikazedan
New here

DHCP service not started?

Post by kamikazedan »

Hi, Im really fresh to QNAP products and the app center / container station but I am technical.
I can't find anything online regarding this issue launching container station:
Error 01/05/2017 13:04:48 System 127.0.0.1 localhost [Container Station] Interface (docker0) was successfully created, but the DHCP service was not started.

Container station has been running fine since I got the NAS a few days ago, I have my Unifi controller on it.
I created a Windows 10 VM yesterday, container station hasnt been able to launch since, I am far too fresh to identify the issue.
1.jpg
2.jpg
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ktm300
First post

Re: DHCP service not started?

Post by ktm300 »

1. Backup your settings: Control Panel/"Backup/Restore"
2. Reset Settings: Control Panel/Restore to Factory Default/ Rest Settings
3. Reboot
3 Re-download Container Station

I had the same issue and this fixed it.
gmacv
New here

Post by gmacv »

I was having the exact same issue as kamikazedan. I followed ktm300 suggestion of resetting my TS-453B settings and Container Station is back up without the error 'DHCP service not started', including after a reboot.
jdwardley
New here

Post by jdwardley »

This didn't work for me. Any thoughts, same problem...
AbouHaRga
First post

Post by AbouHaRga »

I have the same issue and i found the problem

to fix this error
1- Install the CONTAINER STATION
2- open the Network & Virtual Switch
3- go to Virtual Switch you will find Virtual Switch and for each one there is member : CONTAINER STATION
for example for me there is 3 virtual network for the container station
4- go to your DHCP Server then you will find it empty
5- click add it will open for your another window to choose the virtual switch for the container station
choose this virtual switch
then click next and choose the first option Enable DHCP server on the current network.
then next after APPLY for example for me i have 3 virtual switch for the container station i make it one by one
6- go to and open your container station it will work automatic

if you need any help take screen shoot and upload it here
MrPaul
Starting out

Post by MrPaul »

Thanks for the reply with a fix instead of asking to factory reset. Unfortunately I'm having issues on both of my container station virtual switches. It just indicates that there is an IP in use. Below are the screenshots I made following your steps.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrPaul
Starting out

Post by MrPaul »

I got this working but didn't take screenshots along the way. Here is what I recall doing.

Installed container station
Followed steps above noting that in my case virtual switch 1 & 2 were used for container statoin
Tried to setup the DHCP server but it failed
- Note that if you try to go edit IPs under the virtual switch or in DHCP server they are all greyed out
After the failure it gives you an option to define a new subnet. I did that. In my case I changed 10.0.5.x to 10.0.1.x for virutal switch 1. For VS2 I used 10.0.2.x
This DHCP setup completed without error however now I have a new issue with container station as it's expecting the OLD ips.
- [Container Station] Interface (lxcbr0) was successfully created, but the DHCP service was not started.
I uninstalled container station and this time it cleaned up after itself (VS1, VS2, & DHCP settings were gone)
I installed container station again and it crated the 2 VS with the old IPs, DHCP was setup, and I could start it without error.
- Contaners function too

I suspect I could have figured out how to change the subnets back instead of reinstalling container station but this is what I stumbled up.
fredcman
Starting out

Post by fredcman »

I've got the same issues as above. I'm using my NAS for a several other things, so cannot do a factory reset. I'm using a TS-453A with 2 interfaces trunked (Balance-RR) and 2 interfaces unused.

I did have this working until last night, when I decided to back up my system in order to do a QTS upgrade. After I restarted this morning I get the message about cannot start container station because DHCP server not running.
I've tried to set up DHCP, but it only allows me to tie it to a physical interface, not a virtual one.
Any ideas how to set up a virtual interface and then to enable DHCP on it.
baz11
New here

Post by baz11 »

Same issues for me as well on a TS-453A. Only a single interface is used in my case.
After a QTS live update and a restart the container station doesn't start and I got the Error message:
"[Container Station] Interface (docker0) was successfully created, but the DHCP service was not started."
What is really annoying is that I can't even properly start the Network & Virtual Switch application.

I only got a blank application window as shown here: http://prntscr.com/jd5vm5

So there is not really much I can do from the GUI to check and resolve the DHCP and possibly other network problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
baz11
New here

Post by baz11 »

I finally decided to make a hardware reset by pressing and holding for three seconds the reset button at the back of the NAS box.
When I reconfigured password, the IP address and all the other settings that took the factory defaults I connected to the NAS and I was able to finally open normally the Network & Virtual Switch application. I also had to uninstall and reinstall the PhotoStation, VideoStation and MusicStation application. I also reinstalled the Container Station which was now able to start normally.

Although it seems that there is a happy ending to my problems I am still disappointed by the fact that every firmware update is a potential thread for the stability of the system. Let's hope this will change in the future.

Return to “Container Station”