Container Station kills networking completely

maciekish
Starting out

Container Station kills networking completely

Post by maciekish »

Hi,
I just set up a brand new TVS-671 and as soon as i just installed the Container Station package the network connection died completely. This has happened twice in a row now (i did a complete reinitialization after the first time). This happened during installation, the last thing i saw was 80% progress for Container Station installation. No amount of restarts help, i am completely locked out of the system. It doesnt respond to ping or other services like smb. The NAS seems to still be working as the drive lights are flashing (Im assuming the initial synchronization is still running).

How do i fix this? Without complete reinitialization...

EDIT: I was able to gain access by plugging the network cable into port 2, trying to investigate what happened now.
maciekish
Starting out

Re: Container Station kills networking completely

Post by maciekish »

Looks like the problem was Container Station using 10.0.3.0/24. I am using 10.0.0.0/22 on my LAN which means 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.3.254...

Edit: Maybe not, i changed the Container Station network to 10.1.0.0/24 and i still cannot use 10.0.3.1 for my Qnap. Whats going on?
CalgaryTech
Starting out

Post by CalgaryTech »

Sounds bad wish I could hep you but I don't know what is wrong.
abradshaw
New here

Post by abradshaw »

Yes, I just did a firmware upgrade and its totally screwed may system - container station couldnt do something with network - so I removed it and now I cant even install it

Half my VMs boot into a grub rescue and 3 are missing - total disaster

It looks like my files and RAID are inact

I have a support ticker open but no response yet :cry:

Return to “Container Station”