Finding an image in my local registry

avdbrink
New here

Finding an image in my local registry

Post by avdbrink »

Hi,
I'm running Container Station and created a local Registry. Registered it under Preferences (allowing to trust the self signed certificate).
I pushed an image to this registry from my local machine, which all seems well.
But when I try to create a new container from this image it is no where to be found! When searching for an image I see the extra "tab" in the search results "My registry" but I cannot find any image in there.

I think I'm missing something here, but I have no clue what it is....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Arno
Shortie
New here

Re: Finding an image in my local registry

Post by Shortie »

Do you found a solution for this? I have exactly the same issue. My registry is also running my nas using the official docker regsitry container/app.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Why do need a separate registry?
Just use export/import or simply use the Image registry which is default used by CS.
ImageImageImage
Shortie
New here

Post by Shortie »

Why do need a nas?
Just use an usb disk and simply attach it where you need your data.
sasori
First post

Post by sasori »

Hello,
I have the same problem.

I have installed Gitlab and a private registry. With CI / CD I can build and push my images to the registry, but I cannot find the images sent to the registry from the Container Station search.
Also, still from Container Station, I am not able to create instances with my images using the application creation with the use of the YAML configuration; when Container Station tries to download the image it fails.
Oddly, if I go to the image management section, I can successfully pull images from my private registry; however I still can't use the image with the YAML configuration.

I wanted to try using Docker from the CLI. However, it is a pity that we cannot use the interface :(

PS. I can provide screenshots and YAML configuration, if it can help solve this nasty problem.
Pekar
New here

Post by Pekar »

Sasori I’m on the the same situation as you were in April, did you sorted out?
Thanks
Pekar
New here

Post by Pekar »

I’m replying to myself and might help someone in the future.
I found a workaround to start stop this from container station but I had to SSH to NAS then head to /share/Container/container-station-data/application/<your app>
And run a docker-compose up one time from the shell. After that worked like a charm.
RiJoBro
First post

Post by RiJoBro »

Thanks for your self reply. I am facing the same issue.
running docker compose on the command line works, however the image from the private registry does not get pulled within the UI.
The error indicates that the login does not work well for pulling images. The credentials are set up properly in the preferences

Return to “Container Station”