firefly-iii

wayne61
New here

firefly-iii

Post by wayne61 »

Hi,
has anyone installed a Firefly-iii docker container in Container Station?

If so did it need much configuration to get it working?

W
Merlone
First post

Re: firefly-iii

Post by Merlone »

Hello, I came across the same need yesterday and set it up with a little bit of work, so now I can share some information for the community.

I had to create two containers:

1. Postgres DB container, specifying the environment variables [POSTGRES_DB, POSTGRES_USER, POSTGRES_PASSWORD, all of them as you wish], a volume firefly-db with mount point /var/lib/postgresql/data and the network settings (default NAT configuration, port forwarding the container port 5432 to the host port 5432)
2. Firefly III container, specifying the environment variables [APP_KEY = <32 char alphanumeric code>, DB_CONNECTION = pgsql, DB_HOST = <NAS IP address>, DB_USERNAME = <POSTGRES_USER of the first container>, DB_PASSWORD = <POSTGRES_PASSWORD of the first container>, DB_DATABASE = <POSTGRES_DB of the first container>, DB_PORT = 5432], a volume firefly with mount point /var/www/html/storage/upload and the network settings (default NAT configuration, port forwarding the container port 8080 to the host port 8090, because the port 8080 on the host is already taken by the NAS GUI)

It took me a while to set everything up correctly because I assumed that I could simply use Postgres container's name as DB_HOST in Firefly III container, but I was wrong.

Once the second container's creation is complete, just go to http://<NAS IP address>:8090 and you should be welcomed by Firefly III user's registration page.
eutimioliusbel
First post

Re: firefly-iii

Post by eutimioliusbel »

Hi @Merlone
can you share an example of you yaml?

Return to “Container Station”