Linux Station cannot start

pecpys
New here

Linux Station cannot start

Post by pecpys »

Hi. I'm new for QNAP. I use TS-251D 4GB. And lunch Linux Station v.1.8.484 and use Ubuntu. but after update ubuntu. It cannot run anymore.
I try to uninstall Linux station and reinstall again. but it still have problem.

In linux station it show empty like this picture
Capture1.JPG
on the HDMI display application, it show error status:
Linux Station is installed, but no supported package is installed.
Capture2.JPG
Can anybody know how to solve this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shax20
New here

Re: Linux Station cannot start

Post by shax20 »

Same for me after Firmware upgrade Linux APP only show install button and nothing else.

I cannot find a solution in the forums yet. If anyone knows please share.
gerardzwartjes
New here

Post by gerardzwartjes »

The same problem for me.
Most likely it was caused by installing the update provided by Ubuntu. I should have ignored that according to the QNAP information on page https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... ux-station .
Apparently this is a known problem, but no solution is given if you chose the Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS upgrade.

The advice of QNAP was to remove Linux Station and Container Station, perform a few scripts the set the network communication settings to default and reinstall Container Station and Linux Station. This was not the solution for me, because Linux Station again opened with the Install button, but no further action.
The status still is: Linux Station is installed, but no supported package is installed.
nagapow
Starting out

Post by nagapow »

gerardzwartjes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:48 pm The same problem for me.
Most likely it was caused by installing the update provided by Ubuntu. I should have ignored that according to the QNAP information on page https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... ux-station .
Apparently this is a known problem, but no solution is given if you chose the Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS upgrade.

The advice of QNAP was to remove Linux Station and Container Station, perform a few scripts the set the network communication settings to default and reinstall Container Station and Linux Station. This was not the solution for me, because Linux Station again opened with the Install button, but no further action.
The status still is: Linux Station is installed, but no supported package is installed.
you are right, happened after i clicked up the upgrade to the latest version....

can't believe there isnt a fix..
nagapow
Starting out

Post by nagapow »

I contacted QNAP support - i managed to fix it and it was a simple fix, for me at least.

- uninstall linux station
- restart nas
- reinstall linux station

literally - it was that easy, at least for me. hope this works for others.
gerardzwartjes
New here

Post by gerardzwartjes »

nagapow wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:09 pm I contacted QNAP support - i managed to fix it and it was a simple fix, for me at least.

- uninstall linux station
- restart nas
- reinstall linux station

literally - it was that easy, at least for me. hope this works for others.
Sadly this did not work for me. When I try to open Linux Station after reinstallation, the Install button doesn't do anything. Hopefully QNAP can solve it with remote support.
davidrurik
New here

Post by davidrurik »

Anything new on this problem? I just ran into it today. Tried to uninstall linux station, restarting NAS and then reinstalling, but without luck...
sbass77
New here

Post by sbass77 »

Did anyone resolve this in the end?

I have had the same problem for a couple of days using Chrome as I always do. I used Firefox to check and it worked fine! So I cleared down Chrome's web history, cookies etc.... All good now

Return to “Container Station”