Container Station has lost all its interfaces

vmsman
Starting out

Container Station has lost all its interfaces

Post by vmsman »

I had been experimenting with VLANS in network and Virtual Switch. Sadly, I learned from QNAP support that VLANS are incompatible with Container Station. Specifically, once you have defined VLANS, Container Station ceases to see any of your adapters at all and in BRIDGE mode, the use Interface dropdown is completely blank.

Support told me to completely nuke my virtual switch using the following:

1. Remove Container Station
1b. []#kill $(< /var/run/network/nmd.pid)
2. []# /sbin/daemon_mgr nmd stop /usr/sbin/nmd.sh
3. []# rm /etc/config/nm*
4. []# rm /etc/config/staticroute*
5. reboot
6. Re install Container Station
7. import containers

After this procedure I rebuilt my interfaces with NO VLANS.
Network &amp; Virtual Switch.png
Prior to this, virtualization station could see all my interfaces and continues to do so. However, even after the total virtual switch rebuild, container station only sees only a NAT and BRIDGE option (notably no host option) and with the BRIDGE option selected, the "use interface" drop down menu is STILL completely blank.
Container Station with no interfaces.png
As I mentioned earlier, Virtualization Station has no problems and can see and use all the interfaces.
Virtualization Station.png
So, I reverted back to using no VLANS on my Network & Virtual Switch app in QNAP. I physically use the ethernet adapters on the TS-1277 to connect to switch ports which are managed to different networks. That has worked fine for a couple years.

The thing that changed was my attempt to use VLANS in the Network & Virtual Switch. You would think that by completely nuking the switch, redefining it and starting with a blank slate Container Station that all would be as before. However, Container Station, and just Container Station sees no interfaces. I can connect from any of my networks to these interfaces inbound and Virtualization Station can connect to any of them outbound.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have a call logged on this one, but I thought I might ask the community in the interim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vmsman
Starting out

Re: Container Station has lost all its interfaces

Post by vmsman »

Oddly I can find no way to restore any of my interfaces to my Container Station. The only thing that shows up and works is NAT. Can anyone help?
PeterT1959
Know my way around

Post by PeterT1959 »

Add me to the list of people with no interfaces showing up in container station. So frustrating

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

qbit2021
First post

Post by qbit2021 »

Add me too to the list of people with not interfaces showing up in container station. -.-
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

open a ticket with qnap...posting here does nothing
realdannys
Starting out

Post by realdannys »

Same here - did anyone get any answers? Networking appears to be falling apart on my QNAP at the moment.

Return to “Container Station”