TS-831X inaccessible after installing Ubuntu 18.04 LXC from Container Station

hulahoop
New here

TS-831X inaccessible after installing Ubuntu 18.04 LXC from Container Station

Post by hulahoop »

Hi all

I need some help please to gain access to my TS-831X which can longer be found with Qfinder or accessed via the web GUI or SSH.

Background
  • I installed Container Station to test out the Ubuntu LXC container, the one that can be installed from the Create menu in Container Station.
  • The NAS firmware and Container Station ware updated prior to me installing the Ubuntu LXC container.
  • I selected the following options for the Ubuntu LXC Container: Bridged Network, Static IP, 20% CPU, 2GB RAM.
  • During the installation the NAS became unresponsive and I was unable to load any new windows through the web GUI.
  • After about an hour I performed an IP scan and the NAS and static IP chosen for the Container were visible.
  • I then restarted the NAS.
  • It boots up normally, all the lights appear normal and if I scan the IP addresses on my network the NAS and Container's IP addresses are active (Qfinder can't find the NAS though) but can't be pinged.
  • The Manufacturer of the Container reports as "Xensource, Inc" in the IP Scan software.
  • When I attempt to navigate to the web GUI I get a connection time out error, no luck with SSH either.
  • I have removed all the hard drives and started the NAS, it was discoverable through Qfinder and I could access the web GUI, which displayed the setup page, and I could also access it via SSH.
  • On placing the hard drives back and restarting the NAS I got the same problem.
I don't know what options are available to diagnose and fix the problem, the TS-831X doesn't have a display output so I can't connect to it directly.
Your help is appreciated!

Thank you
Hulahoop
hulahoop
New here

Re: TS-831X inaccessible after installing Ubuntu 18.04 LXC from Container Station

Post by hulahoop »

I have regained access by pressing and holding the reset button at the back for 3 seconds. It reset the admin password and network configuration, Qfinder then found the NAS on its new IP.
Container Station has a status of Stopped too, so now to figure out why Container Station cracked it...

Return to “Container Station”