How to combine just php and apache in an application?

outsch
Starting out

How to combine just php and apache in an application?

Post by outsch »

As QNAP has only outdated native php versions, to run any up-to-date php-based application they must be run in a container resp. a dockerized application.

What I need is just the combination of an actual php version (i.e. 8.0) and apache with the local native MariaDB as database.
I've been trying that in many variations like in the YAML file below:

Code: Select all

version: "3.1"
services:
  php:
    image: php:latest
    volumes:
      - /share/Web/mywebappfolder:/root
    links:
      - "webserver"

webserver:
    image: httpd:latest
    volumes:
      - /share/Web/mywebappfolder:/usr/local/apache/htdocs
    ports:
      - 9500:80
      - 9501:443
Above does not even include the link to local native MariaDB. The problem ist that I need the mysqli and PDO extensions available in PHP which unluckily are not integrated in the official images.
In the container station UI I find no possibility to enter docker RUN commands, the only possibility would be through a YAML file in creating an application where I can add line such as
command: docker-php-ext-install pdo pdo_mysql. The file is accepted, but when I try to start the respective container after creation it stops after a few seconds with no entries in the log file. To be exact: The apache is working, but php does not, it stops always after start,
A docker file, however, can't be used - where should I put it? The Docker subfolder in the Container share is not accessible and this is (my assumption) where I would have to place a docker file (Although having a UI for all this and then still pushing the need to create a docker file and place it somewhere is... just incomplete).

There might be images out there that would integrate what I need, but finding the alone takes days and testing weeks.
So does anyone have any idea how I could hand over the command for installing these extension (must be a million times-question!) successfully? And how to link php and apache so that both run and can communicate to each other?

Return to “Container Station”