Who can benefit from IronWolf’s strengths?

Discuss and share your Seagate drive experience
P3R
Guru

Re: Who can benefit from IronWolf’s strengths?

Post by P3R »

storageman wrote:What "not recommended" list?
Below the disk compatibility list on some (older?) models you have:
Not Recommended for This Product
The following items are not recommended for use with this product

When you push the learn more button a list of specifically not recommended disks come up.

On the models where Qnap actually manage this list well, the equally infamous WD Green and Seagate DL/DM model lines are listed.
And are we allowing disk manufacturer ads on this forum now? Which this clearly is.
I agree, I think it was a mistake that this thread wasn't classified as spam and removed immediately. But now that it wasn't and we have regular non-spam posts in it as well, it does serve a purpose for the community.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Thanks

What we need is a not approved list like Synology. At the moment we don't know whether Qnap has not got around to testing a drive or tested it and didn't work.
steffi2
Starting out

Post by steffi2 »

Are there any plans for IHM for QTS? Since IHM is only available for Synology at this time.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

this is a user forum...ask qnap via ticket

Return to “Seagate Drive Discussion”