Plex Home Theater can't see local Plex media Server

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
cyberdog
First post

Plex Home Theater can't see local Plex media Server

Post by cyberdog »

Hi.

I think the problem I have is that the Plex Home Theater application, using HDMI on the TS251, can't see the local Plex Media Server.

I also have a Mac Mini running Plex & Plex Media server, which is full up, hence the reason I bought a TS251.

My TV can see both Mac Mini and the TS251 as media servers. When using the TS251 I get a lot of of the File Not Supported errors that others have reported, however that's not what I am complaining about here.

The Plex Home Theater application can *only* see content from the Mac Mini. I can confirm this by turning off the Plex Media Server on the Mac Mini. Then, all that Plex Home Theater displays is 'Search' 'Search' 'Search'. I have tried setting Server Address to that of the TS251 in the Preferences/Network setting, but that doesn't make any difference.

I thought Plex Media Server had a web server on port 32400. Using http://macmini:32400/ gets me an XML document, whereas on the TS251, nothing is listening on port 32400. ie, netstat -an | grep 32400 returns nothing.

Is this one for the forum or should I use official QNAP support?

I suppose I could just use the TS251 as a NAS and continue to use the Mac Mini as a Plex viewer, but if the TS251 is meant to be able to display video, that seems more sensible.

Martin
redisztribucio
New here

Re: Plex Home Theater can't see local Plex media Server

Post by redisztribucio »

Hi, I have the same problem, too. Till last 2 days I am working on it in my freetime. But nothing... Andrew
martinbrunnberg
Starting out

Post by martinbrunnberg »

+1. Plex Home Theatre can't view content (HD station) from Plex Media Server when my ts-451a is connected to TV through HDMI. I can view the content on my Iphone 7 using the Plex app. I'm following this thread.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

PHT HD Station add-in is VERY old, unsupported anymore by Plex and has KNOWN issues with PMS.

Search for Community built PMP or OpenPHT (would recommend PMP) QPKGs in the forums. Works much better than legacy PHT and is actively supported/updated.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
martinbrunnberg
Starting out

Trexx wrote:PHT HD Station add-in is VERY old, unsupported anymore by Plex and has KNOWN issues with PMS.

Search for Community built PMP or OpenPHT (would recommend PMP) QPKGs in the forums. Works much better than legacy PHT and is actively supported/updated.
Thanks, but does violate the guarantee?
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

What Guarantee??
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

i guess he/she meant warranty...no ..same as you dont lose hardware warranty by installing random software into your new laptop or desktop computer
martinbrunnberg
Starting out

Yes, meant warranty. Well you do lose it sometimes, I guess the legislation is different in different countries...
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

well if you have a defect on your NAS you send it in without disks anyways, so at that point, there is no more software installed on the NAS

Return to “Plex Media Server”