Plex - Not working since update

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
nickhopkins07
New here

Plex - Not working since update

Post by nickhopkins07 »

Morning all,

Since updating the firmware on my TS-451 to the latest version Plex is not working properly, with any of the devices I try to run it on.

I have a Samsung Smart TV with the plex app which has always worked flawlessly, a Roku box and android phone both running the Plex app. The TV wont find the Plex server at all, the Roku box does find the server and displays my content but even with small video files the buffering is so bad it's unwatchable, the app on my phone has the same problem.

I've updated the Plex software on the NAS to the latest version with no solution. I've rolled the NAS firmware version back but this also hasn't solved the problem. I've removed the Plex software from the NAS and re-installed it, set it up again but still no resolution. I've removed the Plex app from the TV/Phone and re-installed but no resolution.

The TV doesn't appear to have any other network issues as it connects to Netflix/Amazon/Iplayer just fine.

Router has been restarted.

Certainly seems to be either the NAS or possibly the router at fault, although I've not noticed any other network issues to give me concern the router has problems.

Can anyone give me any pointers as how I might go about resolving this?

Many thanks
schumaku
Guru

Re: Plex - Not working since update

Post by schumaku »

Hi Nick,

Whatever "latest version" is. Please note that QTS 4.3 is a full 64 bit platform, and you have to reinstall a 64-bit Plex version.

Regards,
-Kurt

PS. Moving this thread to the Plex subforum.
obrnjpvi
First post

Post by obrnjpvi »

I had the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling the plex app fixed it. Unfortunately it nuked my prefs/library settings. :/
Maggus
Starting out

Post by Maggus »

has anyone an old qpkg x64 0.9.x version?
The new one need much more power, before the 4.3 update my video libary works perfect, but not with the new qpkg version!
I got always the info, that my NAS is not powerfull enough!
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Doesn't exist to my knowledge. Plex only started creating x64 (4.3.x) QPKG's post Plex 1.x+

As for "not powerful enough", would need more context around SW installed, resource utilization on QTS (CPU/Memory), what you were trying to do, etc.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Maggus
Starting out

Post by Maggus »

Ok, thats not good for me :(
I don't want to downgrade :(

Ts469l with 3gb ram...
Same config with 4.2 and old plex all streaming with 1080p works perfect... 4.3 and new plex I got this message, and thats sometimes with 720p :/
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Maggus wrote:Ok, thats not good for me :(
I don't want to downgrade :(

Ts469l with 3gb ram...
Same config with 4.2 and old plex all streaming with 1080p works perfect... 4.3 and new plex I got this message, and thats sometimes with 720p :/
You might be able to hack a workaround.

The QNAP x64 Qpkg is based on the Ubuntu x64 codebase. So if you can find an old copy of Ubuntu x64 Plex 0.9x (if such a thing even existed), you could potentially do a manual file copy of the binaries via ssh. Of course if Plex made library db/etc. changes when going from 0.9 > 1.x then you would likely have to delete and recreate your library from scratch as well.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “Plex Media Server”