Can't find in what folder I should create user profiles

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
TeraBit
Getting the hang of things

Can't find in what folder I should create user profiles

Post by TeraBit »

So I'd like to create a user profile for my Popcorn Hour. For some reason the one provided by the system doesn't work properly.
I don't want to change the system profile since it gets overwritten every update, I'd like to create a user profile, but can't, for the life of me, figure out where I should put it. It's not very well documented, imho.

Does anyone know?

Edit: So, as a hack, I overwrote the Generic profile (obviously, I stopped Plex before). Still, I can't get Plex to transcode. My player doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus (eac3).
Would appreciate your suggestions.
This didn't help: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/73702 ... na-devices
QTS 5.0.0.1850
TS-251+ with 2x2TB WD Red / Two static volumes (system and backup) for a simple home setup.
eduardo413
New here

Re: Can't find in what folder I should create user profiles

Post by eduardo413 »

My path was

/share/CACHEDEV3_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex Media Server/Profiles

I had to ssh into my qnap to access that folder, and enable show hidden folders in my ssh program.
TeraBit
Getting the hang of things

Post by TeraBit »

thanks, eduardo413. Isn't that the folder when Plex stores the system profiles? I think there should be a separate folder for user profiles.
QTS 5.0.0.1850
TS-251+ with 2x2TB WD Red / Two static volumes (system and backup) for a simple home setup.
eduardo413
New here

Post by eduardo413 »

The system profiles are in this folder:

/share/CACHEDEV3_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Resources/Profiles

Return to “Plex Media Server”