Cannot play ISO files using OPEN PHT on QNAP -scanners

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
napper1237
Starting out

Cannot play ISO files using OPEN PHT on QNAP -scanners

Post by napper1237 »

Hi

I'm running Father Mande's OHT on a QNAP NAS all good. I've realised that Plex doesn't naturally scan ISO's and other disk image formats.
I've grabbed the python files release by Plex for this but am struggling to locate the scanners directory in the QNAP install.

Am happily logged into my NAS using telnet with Putty but despite best attempts it's not finding a directory named as such ( find/ -type d -name "scanners")

Can anyone help me out with where to put the new scanners please?

Thanks
pastorbadger
Starting out

Re: Cannot play ISO files using OPEN PHT on QNAP -scanners

Post by pastorbadger »

Your question is over my head, napper1237, but maybe I can help a little.

1. There's a qpkg called PMSLibshare which will make the Plex files show up in the QNAP File Station. Makes life a lot easier in times like this.

2. If you'r committed to using SSH, you can enter the command below to find the path on your system where everything is.
getcfg -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf PlexMediaServer Install_path

I hope either of these tips are useful, because I'd really like to see if you can get Plex to read ISO files on a QNAP. I've got many TB of MKV files that I'd prefer were ISO's.

Return to “Plex Media Server”