HD STation & Plex Server draining CPU

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
simonz21
Getting the hang of things

Re: HD STation & Plex Server draining CPU

Post by simonz21 »

Apparently they are escalating the issue, but I haven't seen hdsfusemnt since yesterday!

16/11/17 Actually, forget that, it's back.
carrisr
Starting out

Post by carrisr »

I hadn't heard anything on the ticket I submitted 3 days ago. So I started a support chat. He said he was just getting to my ticket today...grr. He claims "RD" knows about the issue and is working to solve it.
Max1mizer
Starting out

Post by Max1mizer »

simonz21 wrote:Apparently they are escalating the issue, but I haven't seen hdsfusemnt since yesterday!

They have to make an update on it, I didn't believe you honestly when you said it stopped 8)
simonz21

Post by simonz21 »

Max1mizer wrote:
simonz21 wrote:Apparently they are escalating the issue, but I haven't seen hdsfusemnt since yesterday!

They have to make an update on it, I didn't believe you honestly when you said it stopped 8)
Wishful thinking! They did log onto my box remotely, so there was a chance they did something. Probably just copying my Star Trek collection.
simonz21

Post by simonz21 »

And it's not just hdsfusemnt. This morning it's plexhometheater and the CPU us at 100% flat out...

Process Name User PID Status CPU Usage Memory
hal_daemon admin 7792 Sleeping 0.5 % 4.6 MB
plexhometheater admin 11458 Running 62.78 % 14.4 MB
python admin 11656 Sleeping 0.25 % 4.7 MB
hdsfusemnt admin 23633 Sleeping 15.38 % 190.8 MB
Plex Media Serv admin 28291 Sleeping 13.9 % 34.4 MB
kernel_processes admin 0 Running 2.23 % 0 KB
TazUk

Post by TazUk »

I'm seeing a resource usage issue with hdsfusemnt as well on a TS-453 Pro running 4.3.3 build 20171101 with HD Station 3.2.1 (I use Kodi rather than Plex which isn't showing any unusual resource usage).

I raised a helpdesk ticket on 17th Nov and am only now getting it looked at, although the guy looking at the ticket seems more interested in the fact the box had a RAM upgrade (2 1/2 years ago!).

I should have learnt by now to check these forums before installing QNAP updates..
simonz21

Post by simonz21 »

FYI
Hi

Our dev team has confirmed it is a bug, it will be fixed in HD Station version 3.2.2.

Thanks.

Best wishes

QNAP Systems, Inc. Tony.Yeh
Max1mizer
Starting out

Post by Max1mizer »

father_mande wrote: bad but best : downgrade to HD_Station 3.1.C attention remove all new update coming with 3.2.1 especially Chrome and QTS ... but perhaps some other ...
Now I know why Chrome and QTS don't work after downgrade ... Well more things don't work like even Music Staion PhotoStation, YouTube and more... Loading loading and nothing happens. Not needed use only KODI from you 17.6 which works fine. That's it.
Sylrob
Know my way around

Post by Sylrob »

Hi guys,

I revert back to 3.1.c as suggested in this thread an d now |I have no sound in Plex home theater and all the other application in HD station simply don't start when I choose it on screen ?.

BTW before reverting back I also loose files on my drive, anyone also loose some application and have to reinstall again. I loose sickrage compeltly and have to reinstall

I think I'm stuck with and HD station that now simply don't work !

TS470 pro firmware 4.3.4.0387 HD station at 3.1.c now

Best regards,

Sylvain
Using TS 220,TS-470PRO, TVS 871 and more
TazUk

Post by TazUk »

I've found that if I restart HDStation every night after 6pm it drops to normal CPU usage until the following day.
Hardly ideal but it seems to be the path of least hassle for me.
Sylrob
Know my way around

Post by Sylrob »

Philippe,
No problem I just wanted to share my experience with 3.2.1 which is simply crap for Ts 470 pro firmware 4.3.4.0387
I downgrade to 3.1.c and I don't use it !
I cast on chromecast my movies for now, hope that Qnap will do something really fast !. I sent them a ticket today

Best regards
Sylvain
Sylrob
Know my way around

Post by Sylrob »

Hi All.

Anyone here have a trick to know which update version Qnap suggest for the Hd Station BEFORE clicking Update button and have to revert back again because it was 3.2.1! :0). Really don`t want to install 3.2.1 again !

Best Regards,
Sylvain
mipuglie
Starting out

Post by mipuglie »

father_mande wrote:Hi,
TazUk wrote: better but with potential issues : stay in 3.2.1 and at start of each day for ex. restart HD_Station (use Web Admin or manage a cron tab ... but in this case don't use the shell script but use the qpkg services tools)
... ... the time before real problem to unusable state depend of your activity in HD_Station (kodi for ex. use lot of resources) and the memory you have in your system
... ... based on my own test on my own models (so not a real bench about ... )
... ... on TS-x53 pro with 8 GB is around 2 days time when you MUST do a restart
... ... on TVS-X73 with 24 GB it's between 4 and 5 days (always depend of the activity)
... ... and users report less delay for low memory system (2 GB / 4 GB for ex.)

Philippe.
How can I manage automatically the restart of HD Station? What is the qpkg services tools?

Thank you,
Regards.
mipuglie
Starting out

Post by mipuglie »

father_mande wrote:Hi,
mipuglie wrote: How can I manage automatically the restart of HD Station? What is the qpkg services tools?
Thank you,
Regards.
I use cron and qpkg_service command

Code: Select all

# qpkg_service
Usage: qpkg_service [-t timeout] {start|stop|restart|enable|disable|start_dependency|stop_dependency|get_start_dependency|get_stop_dependency} {QPKG Name}
To avoid problem with QTV (empty screen due to race condition) I use a script with stop / delay + wait end of hdsfusemnt (the one with --mount-type hds NOT the same use by CodexPack --mount-type cdx) because they need some time ... so don't restart too early HD_Station ... then start HD_Station again

Philippe.
Can you share this script? Is already published somewhere?
Regards,
Michele
mipuglie
Starting out

Post by mipuglie »

Hi Philippe,

below you can find an update on the hdfusemnt issue. After many days waiting for an answer by Qnap support team, few minutes ago they wrote:

"Hello Michele,

"hdsfusemnt" process issue has been fixed on HD Station 3.2.2 version."

Return to “Plex Media Server”