Stream fails after prolonged pause

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
DarfNader
Know my way around

Stream fails after prolonged pause

Post by DarfNader »

Hi, I am finding that when using Plex Media Server on QNAP to remote Plex Client device like Roku or AppleTV that if I leave the stream paused for longer than a few minutes, the stream would appear to time out. It will play for as long as presumably whatever is in the buffer and then it stops with an error message and then asks if I want to skip to the next video. I can choose "No" and then replay and resume the video, and it will start relatively close to where it was paused. It's a minor inconvenience, but something that I didn't experience when I play a video on the same client from PMS running on my Mac mini or from the cloud. It seems to be an issue specific to how PMS runs on QNAP. Is this something that can be fixed or is it just something I have to live with?
"Everything I know I've learned from eating the brains of other people." - anon.

TVS-473
• FW v 4.6.3.0883 build 20190316
• 32 GB RAM
• 4 x 6TB SATA , RAID 5
• 2 x 1 TB m2.SSD, RAID 1 (QTier)

Return to “Plex Media Server”