HybridDisk Station PHT missing

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
Fr4ktureNAS
New here

HybridDisk Station PHT missing

Post by Fr4ktureNAS »

Hello all,

I hope there is a work around for this.
I have a TVS-472XT and I am trying to get Plex working as the stock rebranded Kodi player leaves a bit to be desired, main issue I have with it is it doesn't arrange episodes of TV Shows by episode number so it plays according to the name of the episode.

Plex I hoped was the work around. I have installed the server, however I wish to use the Plex Home Theater HybridDisk Station App to play content from the server, since I have an HDMI cable plugged into my TV.

I have watched a few videos on it and it appears like it was once in the HDDS App repo but for some reason it isn't in mine.
Is there a qpkg I could possibly install somewhere that will force install it as without the player, the server isn't too useful.

Thank You in advance.
QNAP TS-212P
QNAP TVS-472XT
dolbyman
Guru

Re: HybridDisk Station PHT missing

Post by dolbyman »

you can install kodi from the qnapclub website (install plugins on it that download media info for it)

if you go the plex route, you need the plex server.
best option here is to ditch the qnap as player and use your smart tv plex app (or android/windows box with plex player)

Return to “Plex Media Server”