Qsirch not indexing all files?

erkme73
Getting the hang of things

Qsirch not indexing all files?

Post by erkme73 »

I've excluded all shares other than the one that I'm interested in indexing. The share contains two folders, each with a series of subfolders (with permissions set to allow full R/W access for everyone). According to windows explorer, the two folder contain about 80k items.

Yet, after 24 hours of indexing - which seemed to go pretty fast for the first evening - it seems to have settled with only about 40k items.

I am particularly interested in indexing the OCR'ed PDF docs that are in those directories. And it has done so on many of them. But after testing a few, it's pretty clear Qsirch is completely skipping some directories.

It won't find either the contents or even the filename of the PDFs in question.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to interpreting the results. The 'indexing' shows 0 of 0, with the icon for the share spinning. But the total count of indexed files increases only by about 100 or so every few hours.

Is there a simple way to force Qsirch to index EVERYTHING in a share?
erkme73
Getting the hang of things

Re: Qsirch not indexing all files?

Post by erkme73 »

With tonight's latest Qsirch update (3.0.3) I have for the first time seen the words "READY. XXXXXX files were indexed". Up until this point, I've always seen "indexing". CPU was always running about 25-30%. Little did I know that the indexing process was getting hung up, and never had a chance to complete. Now, everything shows up, and the CPU is back down to 1-3%.

Return to “Qsirch & Qfiling”