Qfiling to rename photo's to date taken

jrbilodeau
Starting out

Qfiling to rename photo's to date taken

Post by jrbilodeau »

Hi,

I've been playing around with Qfiling automatically organize my photos, but I seem to be having a bit of issues with the rename option.
I'm trying to set up the file handling principles to replace the original file name of the photos to the value of "Date Taken", but it's not working.

I set the File handling principles to Rename all files
Naming methods = Replace
Find = *
Replace with Date Taken
File conflict policy = Rename if a file exists with same name

Any idea's? Ideally it would be great to standardize the name of the photo's between the various camera and cell phone naming conventions, and naming the file based on the date would make organizing and sorting easier...especially if if could use date and time, where the time is in 24 hour format. ex (2020-01-25 11.13.59.jpg)
vladimirNap
First post

Re: Qfiling to rename photo's to date taken

Post by vladimirNap »

Hi I have same problem when try to organize my pictures, all pictures go to folder named other instead year and month taken. Any solution why is not working?
Thanks.
zshawchaw
First post

Post by zshawchaw »

vladimirNap wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:54 pm Hi I have same problem when try to organize my pictures, all pictures go to folder named other instead year and month taken. Any solution why is not working?
Thanks.
Hi, I have the exact same problem. Do you have any solution yet?
Thanks
RedStapler
New here

Post by RedStapler »

I have resorted to organizing the photos using a small program for Windows called Photo Move 2.5.
From a Windows PC I map a drive to my NAS Picture folder and Photo move can organize all your photos into folders YYYY/MM/DD or what ever you want.
Sometimes I organize them on the Windows PC before I copy them over also Either way works.

Return to “Qsirch & Qfiling”