https://www.qnap.com/solution/qsirch-5/en/
https://www.qnap.com/en/app_releasenote ... ose=Qsirch

License Plan

Lite
Free

3 filters available per file type.
"Include" filter.
Full-text search on documents.
Advanced image search: color, object, map, OCR text search in images.

Premium
Coming soon

All filters available.
"Include" and "Exclude" filters.Full-text search on documents.
Advanced image search: color, object, map, OCR text search in images, search by people.
Archive search results with Qfiling
premium? :'

one thing i hope qsirch fixes is, change the way it index.

for example.... multimedia management requires the user to specify location of your media files before it begins to index (and only those locations you specified). there is even a qsirch index location for multimedia management as well.

apps like photostation will only index based on your media selection set in multimedia management.

now lets look at what qsirch does. it will index everything......

when i unlock my encrypted shares, qsirch for some reason will begin to index those files. why? this was never specified as an indexing location in multimedia management.

fine. so i then use exclusion list, add for encrypted share locations TO NOT INDEX. But problem is, when you lock then unlock, your rules for this encrypted share does not persist.

Even if exclusion list can't have a solution for encrypted shares, can they at least NOT INDEX locations that were never specified for indexing for qsirch to begin with.

hope that gets fixed in qsirch 5.0

i reported this a while back already to helpdesk :(
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
PacemakerMX1
New here

Are you kidding me ??

Post by PacemakerMX1 »

Just coming from a Synology to QNAP switch.

29$/Month to get full features of a search tool ?
Payed 1000$ for the device and now I need expensive subscriptions to use the full potential, ridiculous!

Hey QNAP if this is your future strategy to rip off your customers I will sell my devices and switch to the competition. Searching my device is a basic functionality, lots of customers will now need to pay more anual costs than their device is worth.

And now more and more software become "premium" per licence?
That really makes me mad, hope QNAP rethinking this strategy, this is at least outrageous. If this is the way to go for QNAP I will again switch back to SYNOLOGY.
calvy26
New here

Are you kidding me ??

Post by calvy26 »

I couldn't agree more. In the future, QNAP will charge for innovation. This means that, all new features that will be interesting will be bound with a totally overrated premium price!

Just an example: If you keep your NAS for 4 years, 4 x 12 x 30 = $1'440 just for a feature that should be standard. And I'm not talking about the other features that are going to be overpriced!

You don't have to look very far, even online services become much more interesting! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Iceman_jkh
Getting the hang of things

Re: QNAP Unveils Qsirch 5.0

Post by Iceman_jkh »

You're a f*cking disgrace QNAP!

Charging customers who paid hundreds/thousands of dollars for your hardward to get access to basic features like search/file.
I could possibly understand if it was a one-off purchase for the super budget/cheapest systems in your lineup, but this is a joke.

Definitely not recommending your gear anymore. Every firmware udpate that removes features or converts them to paid subscriptions makes me more and more sure I'll be moving to another brand once my current box dies.
hulk66
New here

Post by hulk66 »

This is nothing but outrages. Imagine you buy a new car and on first service, they upgrade your AC to work only for 30min unless you pay for "premium" - without notifying you upfront. This behavior is making me so mad that I'm thinking of switching back to Synology even if the hardware might not be so good. I will leave in any case a review on Amazon to warn potential customers.
MooseHead
New here

Post by MooseHead »

:evil:
I could not agree more with the disgusted user group here. The pricing on this app is nothing short of blatant daylight robbery.
Whoever makes these pricing policy decisions is a FOOL. I sincerely hope nobody ever pays for a premium licence and you are forced to rethink and provide a reasonable one-off payment for it instead.
Until then, you can go and jump off a bridge.
mwlpeeters
New here

Post by mwlpeeters »

I've owned a couple of QNAP devices, but with these absurd pricing per app going on this will be my last QNAP.

Return to “Qsirch & Qfiling”