Qsirch won't start: disabled due to occupied ports 5027 - 5029?

JediBecker
New here

Qsirch won't start: disabled due to occupied ports 5027 - 5029?

Post by JediBecker »

Hi there,
I'll apologize in advance because I'm inexperienced in troubleshooting this stuff. Recently I noticed that my Qsirch (5.2.1) will not startup. The error message I get is this: [Qsirch] Disabled due to occupied ports. Check the system or app settings and make sure ports 5027,5028,5029 are all available.

I have no idea what is running on those ports or how to check. And I can't find a single thing Googling "port 5027" and Qsirch. I've done almost nothing with this QNAP TS-251+ other than create a storage pool and share it internally in my house.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-DB
JediBecker
New here

Re: Qsirch won't start: disabled due to occupied ports 5027 - 5029?

Post by JediBecker »

One follow-up: I figured out how to ssh in and ran netstat -a, but it doesn't return anything on those ports. I am unclear if that really means they are unused (probably not), but it was the next thing I could think of doing, so I'm sharing that info here in the hopes it helps someone smarter than me figure out what is going on!
JediBecker
New here

Re: Qsirch won't start: disabled due to occupied ports 5027 - 5029?

Post by JediBecker »

Whelp, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and now it is working. I'll leave this here in case someone else ends up having the same issue.

Return to “Qsirch & Qfiling”