Advanced folder permissions for ES1640dc v2

PROIMA_ZEBRA
New here

Advanced folder permissions for ES1640dc v2

Post by PROIMA_ZEBRA »

Hello
We bought a ES1640dc v2. Recently we updated it to the 1.1.4 version. We have the qnap conected to the domain but we can't activate the Advanced folder permissions to administrate rights between folders/groups/users. Because of this we are mounting iscsi volumes on a dc server and we administrate the rights from there. It is a mess that i can't use the "advanced folder permissions" on this product but i can use that option on other product like ts-EC1280u. Are there plans to implement it? when?
Regards
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Advanced folder permissions for ES1640dc v2

Post by storageman »

Pls move this QES section

Can you explain what you mean? Once joined to domain you would use Windows shares to turn off inheritance.
PROIMA_ZEBRA
New here

Post by PROIMA_ZEBRA »

Hello,
Thanks for answering so quickly and sorry but i don't explain very well on english. We want use the ES1640dc v2 to sharing volumes with the advanced folder permission. Other qnaps has this option on their menu but not this ES1640 because is very new or it's oriented to the virtualization/iscsi. With The advanced folder permission i use, on the qnap, the domain users to grant permissions on the subfolders inside of a volume. Without this option i only can use the domain users to grant permissions on a volume but not on subfolders. We don't want to use volumes iscsi and connect them to a server and setting permission from the server throught the windows sharing file services.
Regards and thank you
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

QES supports RichACL, it should be possible to set permissions on subfolders at the client side.
PROIMA_ZEBRA
New here

Post by PROIMA_ZEBRA »

Thanks for answering.
If i create a network drive mapping a qnap volume on a computer client, could i change the permissions of the subfolder on that volume on the client side?. I am affraid of damages anything. Maybe i can test it on a little volume. On the attached images shows the options to set permissions on a shared volume qts vs qes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “QES Operating System (QNAP Enterprise Storage OS)”