Separate arrays on interfaces

jarandjansen
First post

Separate arrays on interfaces

Post by jarandjansen »

Hello,

I trying to configure a QNAP TES-1885U to have three different raid arrays where each of the arrays can be accessed through a mapped ethernet port. It is important that the arrays are isolated from the other interfaces. iSCSI will probably not work because multiple users must be able to access the resources simultaneously.

Can this be achieved with QES and my NAS?
Don
Guru

Re: Separate arrays on interfaces

Post by Don »

You don’t access arrays you access shares. Access to shares is controlled via users and groups. Set up your permissions so users have access to the shares they need and no access to the shares they don’t need.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Separate arrays on interfaces

Post by storageman »

jarandjansen wrote:Hello,

I trying to configure a QNAP TES-1885U to have three different raid arrays where each of the arrays can be accessed through a mapped ethernet port. It is important that the arrays are isolated from the other interfaces. iSCSI will probably not work because multiple users must be able to access the resources simultaneously.

Can this be achieved with QES and my NAS?
Bizarre question!

Has nothing to do with QES/ZFS? Is a general NAS question.

You must know about VLANs and subnets and permissions to be even be touching a box like this.

Return to “QES Operating System (QNAP Enterprise Storage OS)”