QES 2.1.1 Controller Restart

rpasslow
New here

QES 2.1.1 Controller Restart

Post by rpasslow »

Hi Everyone

Have an ES 2486dc, I went to reboot a controller due to it dropping a network interface and in the takeover process, it seems to have completely lost the plot.

cf status shows that controller b scb is in takeover, however pgsql shows as not ready, the web user interface says "Failed to connect to database" when you try and login and sca is now not responding

We also hit the issue with this unit whereby when you add a SAS PCIe card, you have to attach the SAS cables before securing the card otherwise you cannot get the mini-SAS cable securing clips to lock in and the cable does not securely attach to the controller and of the loop.

QNAP support seem to get back after 24 hours, however this is marketed as an enterprise zfs array, is anyone aware of a paid support option to get faster access to support when everything is on the line?

Rob
Storever
Starting out

Re: QES 2.1.1 Controller Restart

Post by Storever »

Nope, the 24 hour response appears to be the best support option available and even then it's frequently unhelpful. I've regularly waited 24 hours for them to ask some small followup question (frequently that I already mentioned in my original ticket). Recently I had an tech wait 48 hours before providing a reply, and then close the ticket that same day because of "lack of activity". I think they grossly misrepresented the "enterprise" nature of the product.
koshiro
New here

Re: QES 2.1.1 Controller Restart

Post by koshiro »

I call them directly and they are giving me online remote support
using team viewer. Give it a try.

Taiwan (Headquarters)
TW
Technical Support

9:00~12:00 / 1:00~6:00
Mon - Fri(GMT+8)
02-2641-1885