QIoT on QuTS hero

QIoT technology to allow you to explore potential IoT business opportunities.
Smart home/Smart building/Smart City/
DrChipotle
New here

QIoT on QuTS hero

Post by DrChipotle »

Hi there

I just learned about QIoT the other day and think this looks like a great way to get started with IoT development. However, I can't find QIoT in the application store for my TS-473A NAS that runs QuTS hero.

The documentation of QIoT does not explicitly state that it does not support QuTS hero. Can you confirm that this is correct?

Are there specific reasons why QIoT is not supported on QuTS hero? Or would it be possible to install the QTS package on QuTS hero?

Best regards,
DrChipotle
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: QIoT on QuTS hero

Post by Toxic17 »

you could try and install it, though it is not listed under QuTS Hero downloads for app center. https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/app_center/? ... 20&kw=qiot

best raise a ticket with QNAP and ask them
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
DrChipotle
New here

Re: QIoT on QuTS hero

Post by DrChipotle »

I submitted a ticket to the QNAP user support (Q-202209-60374). The support agent was not able to get an information from product development on whether there are technical obstacles to install QIoT on QuTS hero. They offered to submit a feature request, which I accepted.

Does anybody have a good resource on the technical differences between QTS und QuTS hero, like Linux base distribution, kernel version, file system layout, difference in the package format? I'm wondering whether the differences in the application catalog between QTS and QuTS hero are caused by technical differences or whether it is mainly a question of testing and quality assurance.

Return to “QIoT”