Can't login to QIot

QIoT technology to allow you to explore potential IoT business opportunities.
Smart home/Smart building/Smart City/
Borisw37
Starting out

Can't login to QIot

Post by Borisw37 »

I've installed QIot.
When I launch the application (from a PC on a local network) I get the login screen.
Using regular NAS admin/ and admin's password I can't login...
It doesn't say wrong password or anything, just clears the password field.
What's the problem?
I'm sure I'm using the correct admin and password, same one I use to login to QNAP itself.
twixwix
New here

Re: Can't login to QIot

Post by twixwix »

I have exactly the same problem. Maybe the developers have to fix some bugs.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

the tutorials state:
Launch and log in QIoT Suite Lite. The default username and password is “ admin”.
NOT admin and YOUR NAS admin password.

username: admin
password: admin
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
twixwix
New here

Post by twixwix »

I tried this already and a lot of more combinations... still not working for me.
Also tried it on different qnaps if you have the new firmware it is not working for me.....
Touch-T
First post

Post by Touch-T »

Google Chrome Browser was the only thing that let me login. Also my login was 'admin' and my admin password to the unit, NOT 'admin'. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox all failed to work.
alagave
Starting out

Post by alagave »

Thanks, Touch-T.
Seems odd to be browser dependent. I did notice that Chrome warned about an insecure site and Mozilla did not.
Al Agave
TS-419P+ [4*2GB], TS-653a [8*8GB], TVS-873e [8*8GB + RXP-1000 [8*8GB]
twixwix
New here

Post by twixwix »

So I tried it with every browser, for me the only one which is working is chrome also you have to be on your local network. It was not working over ddns.
Browser which I tested ( Firefox, IE, Safari and Chrome)

The password was not "admin" it was my actual password.

Thanks to everyone.
gregh4786
First post

Post by gregh4786 »

I can't login either even after following the suggestions here.
TS-453A
Version 4.3.3.0262
Using Chrome 60.0.3112.90 on Windows 7
I have previously installed a QNAP ssl certificate and you can't go secure to the ip address, must be a dns name.
I updated my hosts file with the dns name for the ip address and I can login to NAS securely as admin.

When I go to App Center/ Beta Lab/QIot Suite Lite 0.9.0 and attempt to login as admin I used all combinations of passwords including "admin" my admin password and my admin previous password but get the same failure as everyone else here. I tried also from the internet using mynas.myqnapcloud.com with same results.

Also tried using IP address with an exception ignoring warning on the insecure site with same outcome.

So what am I doing that the successful users avoided. Have any successful logins used the qnap ssl certificate.
Also on chrome I get the "incorrect username or password" each time but Firefox says logging in but just sits there even with bogus credentials.
crushdepth
Getting the hang of things

Post by crushdepth »

I can't login to QIOT either. I tried reinstalling it, and clearing my cookies. 'admin / admin' doesn't work, and neither does admin + my own password. The error message is "Sorry! No response received from QIoT services. Please try again, or contact support if the problem persists."

New QNAP TS-453B, with up to date firmware (4.3.3) and up to date QIOT (1.0.41).
crushdepth
Getting the hang of things

Post by crushdepth »

So the next day I tried to login again, and it worked (admin + my password). No idea why, I didn't change anything.

I noticed that sometimes you have to go 'manually start' QIoT for reasons unknown. Also, I saw some error messages about a port conflict between QIoT and Container Station before it started working. Apparently these resolved themselves, somehow.

Frankly it seems a bit buggy at this stage.
GeekyTim
Starting out

Post by GeekyTim »

crushdepth wrote:I can't login to QIOT either. I tried reinstalling it, and clearing my cookies. 'admin / admin' doesn't work, and neither does admin + my own password. The error message is "Sorry! No response received from QIoT services. Please try again, or contact support if the problem persists."

New QNAP TS-453B, with up to date firmware (4.3.3) and up to date QIOT (1.0.41).
I'm having exactly the same issue here. Support has got me reinstalling lots of things, but no luck yet. Did you get it resolved?
Tim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNAP TS-453B-8GB 16TB
QNAP TS-219P
palleman
First post

Post by palleman »

Having a similar or the same issue as GeekyTim: opening QIOT from QTS opens up a new browser on https://nas/qiot, but page keeps loading without a result.
After timeout the browser response is:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /qiot/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Tried installing QIOT several time, rebooted NAS, but QIOT still not working. Does anyone have a clue?

Regards,
Marco
hardcoder
First post

Post by hardcoder »

I have the same issue, tried with uninstalling the virtualization station, reboot then installing qiot. No luck. Still gets the proxy error.
Amarth
First post

Post by Amarth »

I have this login problem as well.
I tried admin/admin as well as my account. No luck
Removed the cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the nas. Still no luck.

I always says : Incorrect user name or password.
sblusson
First post

Post by sblusson »

Hi,
I have same problem : login admin/admin with admin = QTS password no work !
I install on a TS251
Someone have a solution ?
Thanks

Return to “QIoT”